Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AUTO_BED_LEVELING_3POINT Too fast Z Speeda after probing [Solved]

Posted by Ludvig 
AUTO_BED_LEVELING_3POINT Too fast Z Speeda after probing [Solved]
October 21, 2017 10:48AM
Hi all!

I have a scratch CoreXY which starts to work okay :-) but my bed isn't perfectly levelled so I tried out AUTO_BED_LEVELING_3POINT.
This works well for what I can tell but there is one problem.

In Repetier, I load up, slice etc and start print, so at start, this happens automatically:

1) Homing x,y,z
2) probing 3 points on the bed.
3) When this finalizes, the hotend is say 15mm over the bed, and the bed is moved up some maybe 10mm so that the hotend is some 4-5mm over the bed.

This move though is extremely 'violent' (quick, but so quick it really even feels like that's too fast) and makes my NEMA 17 motor skip steps sometimes which will then make the print start mid-air...

I can up the Amp but then the motor will just get really hot, it's a big Nema17 on a screw so it's definitely big enough for the job (bought the same x,y,z motors, just the Z with a "screw" on it).
I can find z-speed in marlin & Repetier; 4*60 in marlin, but I have eeprom=on, and Repetier gives 600 mm/min which are totally slow compared to this "z-Jerk".

I have a month or two old Marlin version, M115 spits out MArlin 1.1.5 (Github).

Is this a known issue or can I change this hyperfast z-speed somewhere (I get easily lost in the #define-based Marlin code)?
It only happens after the probing, otherwise my Z speed is slow and good.

Thanks!

Ludvig

[Edit] When I changed microstepping, I didn't change the line "G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift nozzle" in the slicer after the G29 command... so it tried to move 16 times faster than usual...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2017 12:18PM by Ludvig.
Re: AUTO_BED_LEVELING_3POINT Too fast Z Speeda after probing
October 21, 2017 11:51AM
The marlin default Z speed of 4*60 is usually too fast for the Z axis in most cases. I would try 2*60 and work up from there.#
Re: AUTO_BED_LEVELING_3POINT Too fast Z Speeda after probing
October 21, 2017 12:20PM
Thanks, but it was the move-after-G29 that I hadn't changed in the slicer when I changed microsteppings...

Also, 4mm / second isn't that fast right? anyway it tried to move 16 times too fast! Fixed now :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login