Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cant get marlin to compile, "collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status"

Posted by rogue_medic 
Cant get marlin to compile, "collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status"
October 16, 2017 02:16AM
I've been using SkyNet3D-V2.3.2 and was having a bed leveling problem where all of the auto leveling options had a leveling error ( the same slant, in the same direction, ruled out mechanical error)
Unfortunately due to the printer being used in a yacht, it will often move and requires leveling to be run before every print.
Unwilling to level manually tpo correct the predictable auto level error *every single time* I decided to upgrade the firmware as I thought the error may have been corrected in a later version.

I found that the firmware I was using is indeed old, and decided to upgrade to the latest marlin (1.1.6) as it now offers support for the Anet v1.0 board that I'm using.
Just one problem, upon trying to verify, it keeps throwing the the "collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status" error (something about "`.text' will not fit in region `text'")

I've been through the the configuration.h and configuration_adv.h and managed to get the code to compile by disabling the LCD.
I then tried enabling other types of displays to eliminate an error with the "#define ANET_KEYPAD_LCD" and/or "#define ULTRA_LCD" but got the same inability to compile with the same error message.

I've attached the full error message.

Can anyone offer any insight to this and help me to get this new firmware to compile?
Attachments:
open | download - compile error.zip (20.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login