Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to swap pinouts in Marlin with Ramps 1.4

Posted by Dark Alchemist 
How to swap pinouts in Marlin with Ramps 1.4
October 11, 2017 03:26PM
If I wanted to swap D9 with D8 what would I change in Marlin using a Ramps 1.4 board?

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
Re: How to swap pinouts in Marlin with Ramps 1.4
October 11, 2017 03:36PM
pins_Ramps.h

#if ENABLED( IS_RAMPS_EFB ) // Hotend, Fan, Bed
#define FAN_PIN RAMPS_D9_PIN
#define HEATER_BED_PIN RAMPS_D8_PIN
#elif ENABLED( IS_RAMPS_EEF ) // Hotend, Hotend, Fan
#define HEATER_1_PIN RAMPS_D9_PIN
#define FAN_PIN RAMPS_D8_PIN
#elif ENABLED( IS_RAMPS_EEB ) // Hotend, Hotend, Bed
#elif ENABLED( IS_RAMPS_EFF ) // Hotend, Fan, Fan
#define FAN1_PIN RAMPS_D8_PIN
#elif ENABLED( IS_RAMPS_SF ) // Spindle, Fan
#else // Non-specific are "EFB" (i.e., "EFBF" or "EFBE")
#if HOTENDS == 1
#define FAN1_PIN MOSFET_D_PIN
#else
#define HEATER_1_PIN MOSFET_D_PIN
#endif
#endif

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2017 03:39PM by Roberts_Clif.
October 11, 2017 04:00PM
Roberts_Clif
pins_Ramps.h

#if ENABLED( IS_RAMPS_EFB ) // Hotend, Fan, Bed
#elif ENABLED( IS_RAMPS_EEF ) // Hotend, Hotend, Fan
#elif ENABLED( IS_RAMPS_EEB ) // Hotend, Hotend, Bed
#elif ENABLED( IS_RAMPS_EFF ) // Hotend, Fan, Fan
#define FAN1_PIN RAMPS_D8_PIN
#elif ENABLED( IS_RAMPS_SF ) // Spindle, Fan
#else // Non-specific are "EFB" (i.e., "EFBF" or "EFBE")
#if HOTENDS == 1
#define FAN1_PIN MOSFET_D_PIN
#else
#define HEATER_1_PIN MOSFET_D_PIN
#endif
#endif
So I just change the lines with D8 and D9 and swap them? Which version of Marlin is that as 1.1 does not have those lines.

Marlin is so much easier to follow than Grbl but sure is slower too. In Grbl (which is what I really want to change) they stupidly have D10 has flood coolant and D9 as Coolant mist with the fan controller on D8. They did this, so they say, because Ramps has a heatsink on the fet for D8 but I call BS because there has never been a heatsink on any I have seen.

Anyway I thank you and I hope I can figure this out in Marlin so I can use the information where I need it since the author of Grbl-Mega stays quiet when asked the same question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2017 04:09PM by Dark Alchemist.

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
October 11, 2017 04:50PM

Marlin is so much easier to follow than Grbl but sure is slower too. In Grbl (which is what I really want to change) they stupidly have D10 has flood coolant and D9 as Coolant mist with the fan controller on D8. They did this, so they say, because Ramps has a heatsink on the fet for D8 but I call BS because there has never been a heatsink on any I have seen

The heatsink was in the the original design, but all the cheap china clones omitted it to save a few cents

October 11, 2017 05:00PM
On my Ramps there is no way a heatsink would fit and it got so hot it melted into the plastic that holds the wires. That one was made by Sainsmart and it burned up and shorted so the next one I purchased was from eBay and I swapped over to IRF mosfets (all three though only one really needed it) and after a 24h print not even the heated bed's fet was warm to the touch but the old one with the spec fets blistered me it was so hot. I always figured that if your design calls for a heat sink you are pushing it too much so find a better part and only use a heatsink as a last step if nothingi s out there. I am not sure why they chose the horrible fets they did when it didn't cost me any more for quality ones that never even get warm let alone fire potential hot.

_______
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login