Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z height question

Posted by Wibbles 
Z height question
October 07, 2017 12:29PM
Quick summary.

Kossel, but no Z probe at all, the allen key was so inaccurate it was easier to level the bed manually. I may fit a sensor if I can find one that will work on glass, but at the moment I don't have one at all.

So, what is my problem?

I have set the home>0 at 231mm in the firmware, it's 1.1.5 and all uploaded, the printer prints ok.

However, the LCD Control>Z height shows -3.5mm.

In order to get the nozzle down to the correct height I have to change it to 6.00mm every time I want to print. 1.1.5 doesn't seem to have a 'Save to Memory' option?

Can anyone tell me how to get a permanent correct z height?? I need to either add or subtract 2.5mm somewhere, or add or subtract 6.00mm, but can't figure out where, or which way?

My other issue is that if I stop a print, or let one finish, as soon as the hotend drops in temperature I get a 'Heating Failure' message on the LCD. This means switching the printer off, readjusting the Z height on the LCD (2.5mm is a lot of turns on that poor knob) and then starting the print again etc.

Is there a solution for this. It never did it on my older version of Marlin??
Re: Z height question
October 07, 2017 04:57PM
You can relax the Thermal Protection in configuration_adv.h. You can double the time values and make the temperature shift numbers half as big. For example, if it expects to be able to shift the temperature 4 degrees in 20 seconds... Change it to 2 degrees in 40 seconds.

If you are not using a Z-Probe... You can just dial in your Z_MAX_POS number to be correct. Rebuild the firmware... Upload it... And do a M502 followed by a M500.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login