Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No voltage to the bed with Rambo

Posted by kmurphy 
No voltage to the bed with Rambo
October 03, 2017 01:46PM
Hi all, first time poster long time lurker...

So I'm building a machine using a mini Rambo and am running into a problem I really don't understand. When I send the Gcode to turn on the nozzle heater, it turns on the nozzle heater. But when I send the code to turn on the bed heater it...turns on the nozzle heater. There is power supplied to the bed IN and main power IN, but nothing to the bed OUT, only to the extruder OUT (checked with multimeter at the screw terminals and the solder blobs on the back side of the board). It's a brand new board, my fuses seem fine, nothing is melted or shorted that I can tell. The thermistor is being read properly. I've tried controlling the board using both Printrun/Pronterface and Cura and I see the same problem with both. Anyone run into this before?

Here's my equipment:
-mini Rambo running Marlin 1.1.5
-24V power supply
-heater cable for the bed
Re: No voltage to the bed with Rambo
October 03, 2017 05:23PM
First thought is you may have forgotten to tell Marlin you have a heated bed thermistor?

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 5
#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_2 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_3 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_4 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 1

I believe by default that is set to 0 and that means 'not used'

but you said you turn on the bed and you get your hotend on? Check the bed temp sensor first yes, but is this a low cost knock off board by chance?

Could be some bad soldering......
October 03, 2017 06:06PM
Thanks for your reply, yes I do have the sensor set--my software reads the temperature on the thermistor just fine (checked via the very scientific squeeze-between-the-fingers test). Not a knockoff board but I did order from Amazon, so maybe I just need to return it sad smiley
October 03, 2017 06:55PM
kmurphy
Thanks for your reply, yes I do have the sensor set--my software reads the temperature on the thermistor just fine (checked via the very scientific squeeze-between-the-fingers test). Not a knockoff board but I did order from Amazon, so maybe I just need to return it sad smiley

just for giggles try another firmware first....

[www.repetier.com]

Just to see if you get the same results.
October 03, 2017 07:41PM
Solved! Rolled back the firmware, now it works. Not sure what was wrong with Marlin 1.1.5 though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login