Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rambo v1.0e

Posted by drmacro 
Rambo v1.0e
September 23, 2017 07:30AM
Anybody know if the latest version of marlin will work with a Rambo v1.0e board?
Re: Rambo v1.0e
October 03, 2017 05:32PM
I would say you have very little chance it would not.

Usually its newer versions of boards that have issues not older ones.

Also when there are issues with certain versions they would make annotations regarding it.
For instance:

#define BOARD_SANGUINOLOLU_11 6 // Sanguinololu < 1.2
#define BOARD_SANGUINOLOLU_12 62 // Sanguinololu 1.2 and above

but with the rambo it appears very straight forward:

#define BOARD_RAMBO 301 // Rambo
#define BOARD_MINIRAMBO 302 // Mini-Rambo

No versions are mentioned so I feel pretty comfortable saying it will work with any version up to 1.3 as 1.3 is over a year old and Marlin1.1.5 is only a month or so old.
October 03, 2017 08:51PM
are you meaning the EINSY RAMBo? which hasn't even been released yet?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2017 08:55PM by Dust.
October 04, 2017 12:12PM
The board, a Rambo 1.0e, is currently populated with Marlin 1.0.0 from lulzbot. (Actually, I loaded that to it yesterday after a response on the lulzbot forum sent me the link to their version, the actual machine is one of the last A-101's they shipped.)

But, that version did build and upload to the Rambo. I modified the thermister setting to use the one in my new E3D-v6 hot end and did an autotune, seemed to work.

Now that I know I can at least get back to the Marlin 1.0.0 version if worst comes to worst, I'll give the latest Marlin a go.

But, I do have an issue that I noted during the autotune. The hot end cooling fan does not come on automatically when the hot end is turned on. M106 does turn it on, so the fan works.

But, is there a way to tell Marlin to turn the fan on if the hot end is on? (I have not been able to find any reference to a #define, etc.) I can always add the gcode for that to any file, but wold like to have it idiot proof...cuz, most likely I'd be the idiot that forgot to turn it on. confused smiley

I would just use 1.0.0, but it doesn't handle leveling and I intend to add the sensors for that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login