Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z home offset?

Posted by JOEYG 
Z home offset?
August 06, 2017 06:15PM
Hey everyone,

I have the reprapguru prusaI3 v2 with arduinio 2560, ramps 1.4 and marlin 1.8.4. So I'm using repetier host and after I home the Z, if I hit the manual control to move the z in ether direction no matter the distance of movement it pretty much does another homing procedure. It will move again in the direction of the end stop and won't stop! I have not figured out the exact distance as I have to hit the emergency stop so it doesn't hit 88mph and send the stop back in time. Long story short, is there an option in the firmware for movement AFTER the axis has been homed? Thanks
Re: Z home offset?
August 07, 2017 04:19AM
To rule out if it is firmware or host have you tried a different host like pronetface or mattercontrol?
August 07, 2017 06:21PM
Thanks for the response, thankfully at 2am this morning I have resolved the issue somewhat. So I figured out that the axis direction on both the config h basic and adv needed to match up which resolved my issue. However, now that it's solved I went ahead and calculated and adjusted the Esteps needed to make a full mm of movement and set the homing speed which was TOO fast. I have the homing speed set to 30mm/s which is kinda slow but still works EXCEPT when I send a job. It goes to home endstop bumps the second time then it tries to skyrocket to what I guess is the starting print hieght, to which it skips steps dramatically. I lowered the acceleration rate down to match the homing speed of 30mm/s but again right after the slow n steady homing process it tries to zoom to its next height. I also lowered the print speed to 40mm/s in repetier host but still to no avail! Any ideas? Thanks again.
August 08, 2017 05:31AM
In config.h find this line
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE { 300, 300, 5, 25 }

change the 5 to a 2

5 is normally too fast for most printers.
August 08, 2017 10:46PM
This was exactly the fix! Thank you master obewan! Will this hold the z to that speed regardless of how fast I adjust other settings including print speed?
August 09, 2017 03:24PM
Yes it should do
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login