Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unexpected speed drops during print

Posted by rvator 
Unexpected speed drops during print
July 29, 2017 02:14PM
On my E3D-BigBox/Rumba with Marlin 1.1.x-bugfix I observed irregular bumps on the outer wall. Looking closer I realised, that at the position of the bumps a very short speed drop occurs which leads to a short over extrusion.

Looking into the gcode (Cura 2.6.2) I found always some points located close together exactly at the position of the bumps.

I edited the gcode by hand and removed the points laying close together and the speed drops and bumps disappeared.

The attached image (Gcode_Plot) shows the points plotted for one outer wall and the printed parts before and after my editing.

Could it be, that a processing limit of the Rumba board is reached if the points laying to close together for a certain print speed?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2017 02:17PM by rvator.
Attachments:
open | download - Gcode_Plot.JPG (18.7 KB)
open | download - Org.jpg (246.7 KB)
open | download - Edit.jpg (264.2 KB)
Re: Unexpected speed drops during print
July 31, 2017 04:02AM
Do you print from USB? I had the worst problems with a RUMBA board when printing from USB. The propriatery driver is worse than the ATMega one.

Did you try a different slicer?
Re: Unexpected speed drops during print
August 01, 2017 02:03PM
I have the issue with both USB (Repetier) and SD card printing. Can't reproduce the behavior with S3D but was unsatisfied with the slicing quality for this application (single wall 3DLabPrint Aircraft) In the meantime I adapted the S3D gcode which was prepaired from 3DLabPrint to my E3D-Bigbox and have good results.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login