Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ABL Averaged Probing

Posted by denos 
ABL Averaged Probing
July 17, 2017 05:35PM
I recently paired an Anet A8 with a Geeetech BLTouch clone using SkyNet3D (Marlin base). Although accurate most of the time (within 40 microns) it would occasionally be out up to 200 microns. This might be noise on the Anet motherboard or something to do with the cloned probe itself.

I went to the codebase and modified probe_pt (Marlin_main.cpp) to force repeated probes that were averaged for the final result at each location. This has resulted in consistent first layer prints (without exception) since making the change. If there's any interest I could clean up the code and submit a pull request. If that's the case, are there any strong opinions on approach? Possibilities:

1) A Configuration.h define for something like ABL_AVERAGED_PROBE_COUNT (default undefined)
2) An optional argument to G29 for probe counts to average (default 1). This would require changing the signature for probe_pt to allow for probe counts.
3) Other?

If there's no interest in this feature, that's fine too but I don't want to put it together if the pull is going to be rejected.

Note: I did try changing the probing speed, double probe, etc. without success. I wasn't able do configure the option to disable heaters as it required an advanced parameter to be set that overflowed the sketch size limit on the Anet. The same issue also prevented me from trying UBL.

Thanks.
Re: ABL Averaged Probing
July 18, 2017 04:09AM
(tuthumbs upthumbs up)

sounds like a good idea, i have one of these probes and can confirm that occasionally it will throw up a spurious result.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login