Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unknown CPU error when updating to Marlin 1.1.3 with MKS Base 1.5 controller

Posted by fullHundo 
Unknown CPU error when updating to Marlin 1.1.3 with MKS Base 1.5 controller
June 30, 2017 02:52AM
I spent this evening attempting to update to Marlin v 1.1.3 from the much older version of Marlin that came with my reprap prusa i3. I adjusted all the stock settings accordingly for my machine and attempted an upload to my MKS Base 1.5 controller, only to receive the Unknown CPU error during the upload.

I'm new to editing firmware, but with the previous version of Marlin that I was using, the MKS Base 1.5 board worked fine using the standard MOTHERBOARD 33 setting in Configuration.h meant for a RAMPS board. I tried switching from MOTHERBOARD 33 to MOTHERBOARD BOARD_MKS_13, but still received the same Unknown CPU error.

That is about the extent of my knowledge on how to approach the problem. Any suggestions?
Re: Unknown CPU error when updating to Marlin 1.1.3 with MKS Base 1.5 controller
June 30, 2017 03:49AM
posting the error log would give us at lease a marginal chance of helping you....
Re: Unknown CPU error when updating to Marlin 1.1.3 with MKS Base 1.5 controller
June 30, 2017 03:56AM
#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_MKS_13 should work...

really need to see the error....

My only guess is perhaps your using a old boards.txt file that is not designed for newer Arduino ide.. In which case just change the board type in Arduino to mega2560

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2017 04:05AM by Dust.
Ah, I didn't realize there was more information to be seen by copying the error message. All I saw was the basic error at first. It was a rookie mistake, I forgot to set the proper board type in Tools.

Thank you for the help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login