Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tune->Speed, expected behaviour?

Posted by Aethelstan 
Tune->Speed, expected behaviour?
June 17, 2017 06:09AM
I was playing with the Tune->Speed settings last night. I had accidentaly set my max travel in my slicer software to be extremely slow. I expected to be able to speed it up during the print by adjusting the speed on the LCD menu and set it to 150. This made no difference to the print rate, so I left it alone and switched the printer off after the print had finished. This morning I sliced a print at my usual max travel speeds of 80mm/s. I started the print and I can see it is printing at 150% of the expected speed (or at the very least a lot faster than expected), although the LCD now says it is at 100. Is this the expected behaviour? I am struggling to find anything that documents this feature other than it is a 'feed rate multiplier'.

Cheers, and apologies in advance if this is another stupid question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2017 06:10AM by Aethelstan.
Re: Tune->Speed, expected behaviour?
June 18, 2017 01:18PM
Usually you don't print at travel speed. Maybe you mixed that up in the slicer?
Re: Tune->Speed, expected behaviour?
June 19, 2017 08:18AM
Ah yes, that's a mix up in my terminology. My max print speed was 80mm/s, my max travel was 150mm/s. I have it running again at the expected speed after resetting the eeprom to null and reuploading the firmware. I'm not sure what I did to mess it up and I am still unsure what the Tune>Speed setting is supposed to do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login