Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GT2560 help

Posted by OutcastZeroOne 
GT2560 help
June 05, 2017 10:42PM
quick rundown of my issue.

I own a Lulzbot Mini that due to the fan plug for the main electronics cooling fan falling off due to it not having a locking connector, fried the stepper drivers a bit, end result is a machine that can not make circles.

I am trying to replace it with a Geeetech GT2560 with Trinamic Silentstepsticks for a quieter machine to also make my GF much happier about the sounds the machine makes when running.

After some digging I found raw Marlin firmware for the Lulzbot Mini and its Mini Rambo board. I am trying to verify the sketch in Arduino but I keep getting an error of "DIOFAN3_PIN_DDR" not being defined. Ive no idea where this info needs to be fixed.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Re: GT2560 help
June 06, 2017 12:01AM
How about posting links to this random (to us anyways) firmware and a copy of your configuration.h

You did install the required Mini Rambo plugin to the ardunio ide? see [reprap.org]
June 06, 2017 02:35AM
heres the github link for the firmware:

[github.com]

only thing I have changed from whats in it is the motherboard to Ultimaker as it is spelled in the list.

I also do have the Mini Rambo add on in Arduino but I am not flashing a Mini Rambo, im trying to compile for the GT2560.
June 06, 2017 03:08AM
Right, can duplicate your error

this is caused by block

#if HAS_CONTROLLERFAN
SET_OUTPUT(CONTROLLERFAN_PIN); //Set pin used for driver cooling fan
#endif

trace this back to missing pins in pins_ULTIMAKER.h

so edit pins_ULTIMAKER.h

find
#define FAN_PIN 7

add the following line after the above line
#define FAN3_PIN -1

Ie this diables CONTROLLERFAN as it looks like GT2560 only has one controllable fan, unless you want to use a mosfet line, in which case set it to the appropriate pin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2017 03:13AM by Dust.
June 06, 2017 10:22PM
Awesome, thank you so much. I am going to try this right now.
June 06, 2017 11:13PM
and now that im past that...

"sorry - this program has been built without plugin support
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560."

I've no clue...

[github.com]
June 06, 2017 11:45PM
upgrade to Arduino: 1.8.3 [www.arduino.cc]

Check its fully up to date.

Launch the boards manager, click Tools menu, Board: and select boards mangers.
change from type all to all to Updateable, select more info on any that are updateable and click on update.

Now launch the libraries manager, click Sketch menu, Include library, select manage libraries
change from type all to updateable, select more info on any that are updateable and click on update.

Try again. As latest version worked fine for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2017 11:46PM by Dust.
June 07, 2017 01:13AM
turns out I had put something in the library folder that was messing everything up. got it all sorted with latest version of IDE and uploaded to the board.

now all i have to do is install this in my machine, change out all the plug ends on all the wires, and I do mean ALL OF THEM, config it, and hope it all works!

Thanks for all the help Dust!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login