Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1.1.1 configuration G28 Homeing

Posted by JustSumGuy 
1.1.1 configuration G28 Homeing
May 24, 2017 06:47PM
So trying my hand at configuring 1.1.1 but the documentation is not up to date as I bet most everyone is aware smiling smiley
Also I am pretty much a newbie.

I have almost everything working but I have an issue with G28 homing. The system is moving the z axis away from home before it homes x/y and then it homes Z
On most units I can see why, but on my unit its my Bed that moves on Z so I always have it near the bottom of its travel from when I was removing my last print.
In this case I always end up with it crashing into the bottom outside of physical travel limits.

I would like to disable this but I cant find it in the configuration.h file.

Can anyone help?

Thanx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2017 06:48PM by JustSumGuy.
Re: 1.1.1 configuration G28 Homeing
May 24, 2017 11:28PM
You could simply turn on

// If enabled, axes won't move below MIN_POS in response to movement commands.
#define MIN_SOFTWARE_ENDSTOPS
// If enabled, axes won't move above MAX_POS in response to movement commands.
#define MAX_SOFTWARE_ENDSTOPS

But you really should turn of MIN_SOFTWARE_ENDSTOPS if you want to run a Mesh Based Bed Leveling System.
May 25, 2017 09:46AM
I have this problem too on the coreXY when the bed is at the bottom. Enabling the endstop will not help when powering on the machine with the bed at the bottom because it has no reference of where the Z is and homing it will cause it to crash downwards before moving up again for zeroing.
May 25, 2017 11:55AM
I agree PhantomGT but still thank you Roxy for the direction.

I did set a sotware end stop and that does help some but the problem PhantomGT described where I power on with the bed at or near bottom will certainly still happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2017 11:55AM by JustSumGuy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login