Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

not supported display help

Posted by iamturbo1978 
not supported display help
May 03, 2017 11:46AM
Hello everyone,

I am trying to change the current Reprap discount display (20x4) display, to a Noritake CU24043-Y1A, VFD display. I like the look of VFD, and I have had this display for a few years now. I do not have any concern about the hardware setup, but I am having trouble with changing the marlin firmware to control the display. I am not looking for anything special, just the same stuff the reprap display would normally show. I can read some "C" programming, but I cant write it yet (still learning).

Would someone be able to help me out with the firmware, so I can use this VFD display?

I have included the datasheet, and the Arduino library for this display, that was created by Noritake.

Arduino Library (Select the "CU-Y Series" tab)

Datasheet

Thank you
TC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2017 11:47AM by iamturbo1978.
Re: not supported display help
May 03, 2017 11:54AM
The LCD Panel code is probably the most complex and difficult part of the Marlin firmware. If you are not fluent in C, this will be a very very difficult task.

There is the ultralcd.cpp file where most of the work is done. You would want to add a new file that has the same functions as ultralcd_impl_DOGM.h and ultralcd_impl_HD44780.h.

Look at the features or functionality those to files define. You will need to define a 3rd file with the same capability.
Re: not supported display help
May 03, 2017 12:03PM
Thank you Roxy,

That at least gives me an idea where I should start. Im not afraid to code, just I am not good at it at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login