Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help new Marlin new printer setup

Posted by chasemn34 
Help new Marlin new printer setup
March 18, 2017 01:33AM
Need help setting up the newest Marlin I have 2 repeals a Chinese one and one I built I took the electronics from the Chinese one and put on mine I'm having trouble getting start it's been a while since I've messed with my printers I haven't changed he's anything in Marlin all factory setting my mottors just pulse and want do anything else the board I'm using haseverytging built together it want let me upload pics on here I can email them if what I have
Re: Help new Marlin new printer setup
March 18, 2017 03:19PM
A lot of work has been done to clean up Marlin's code base and especially the Configuration.h files. You can't just drop an old Configuration.h file into the directory and compile. You should bring up Notepad++ and use the Visual Diff add in to to cross all of your settings over to the new format. Also... A bug was found in the stepper motor driver a while ago. It is fixed now. But one of the side effects of fixing the bug is acceleration numbers that used to work OK might be too agressive now. You may need to bump the acceleration down. You might try cutting it in half and see if that makes a difference. If it does, you can start bumping it up until you start having problems.
March 18, 2017 07:28PM
I'm starting fresh no old files I download a new config file from the newest Marlin and uploaded it ... Right now if I click connect and don't push any buttons or anything just click connect my steppers just pulse and when I did click a button nothing changes
March 18, 2017 10:49PM
You do know you need to set up the configuration.h files to match your hardware, right? A lot of time if the stepper motors don't move when they are told to, the acceleration and feed-rates are too high.
March 19, 2017 10:26AM
okay so the problem was I hod the wrong board selected I'm running a gt2560 not a ramps 1.4 I got my lcd to come on and seams as if everything is working fine the only problem I'm having now is my z axis when I click home it will hum and it may move a little every few seconds but for the most part its just humming, and my lcd display will not show me my heated bed display it will only show my hotend temp
March 19, 2017 11:39AM
Okay I got my heated bed temperature to come up on my LCD and it's working now my only issue is my z axis
March 19, 2017 12:50PM
well I got the z axis fixed like you said split the fedrate in half on the z axis and it works fine now it was at 5 I dropped it down to 2 finally glad I have me a config h file now saved so I can adjust my setting as I need bedore when I was running there settings I couldn't change anything I couldn't even save to e prom but now I can thanks so much
March 20, 2017 01:31AM
On your first 5 or 6 prints... pay attention if any of your axis slip (and loose steps). If that happens... You might want to turn the power up on your step sticks. And if you can't do that... lower the max feed rates and/or acceleration even further. But if every thing prints ok, you might want to start dialing up the speed. You can do that with the encoder wheel and dial up the FR on the display to 110% or 120%.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2017 01:31AM by Roxy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login