Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Manual mesh bed leveling

Posted by AbdulF 
Manual mesh bed leveling
March 13, 2017 08:19PM
hi,

I'm working on a project which involves modifying a Prusa i3 MKII, I want to cancel the auto bed levelling and replace it with a manual mesh bed levelling.

I have checked the printer's firmware and I found the settings for the auto bed levelling and nothing for the manual mesh levelling, in Marlin firmware, there is both of the settings for the auto and the manual.

my questions is how can I disable the auto bed levelling and replace it with manual bed levelling? I don't know what to remove or add exactly from the code
Re: Manual mesh bed leveling
March 15, 2017 11:36PM
I have a better idea... Bring up: [github.com] I'm going to merge it into RCBugFix in a few weeks. You won't be sorry!
March 16, 2017 12:40AM
Roxy
I have a better idea... Bring up: [github.com] I'm going to merge it into RCBugFix in a few weeks. You won't be sorry!

so are you trying to modify the firmware to enable manual bed levelling? i would help but i now little about these codes
March 16, 2017 01:09AM
No... It's a whole new, high resolution mesh bed leveling system. It will print a mesh validation pattern on your bed, and the nozzle moves around and lets you edit the mesh up or down so it is perfect. You will get good adhesion across 100% of your bed all the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2017 01:09AM by Roxy.
March 16, 2017 01:45AM
Thant great, do you have any tips on how i can enable the 3 point bed leveling and disable the auto leveling?
March 16, 2017 11:09AM
3-Point is a flavor of Auto Bed Leveling. It was the original Auto Bed Leveling. The comments in Configuration.h should guide you through the process.
March 16, 2017 01:46PM
Do you think this new release will include also Unload/Load flament function in the prepare or control menu? Thanks. By the way, in my case, Auto bed leveling it's not working properly. I'm using RC7 Marlin with an inductive sensor probe.
March 16, 2017 03:16PM
DOYT
Do you think this new release will include also Unload/Load flament function in the prepare or control menu? Thanks. By the way, in my case, Auto bed leveling it's not working properly. I'm using RC7 Marlin with an inductive sensor probe.

It is in the 'Prepare' menu of the code I'm working on. If you grab the current RCBugFix, I think it has what you want. That is the code base the UBL Pull Request is based off of and it is alive in UBL right now.

But it is conditional code. If the hotend is not up to temperature, the menu item does not appear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2017 03:18PM by Roxy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login