Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issues with y direction in corexy

Posted by someoneonly 
Issues with y direction in corexy
February 23, 2017 09:00AM
Hey guys,

I have been struggling with getting my corexy printer running on a ramps board with marlin installed. The old controller was a closed source one from chitu3d but even after triple checking the config Im quite sure that I copied all the mechanical settings. So Im having an issue with the y-axis moves in the wrong direction.it moves towards the origin when y is positive and no matter how much I switch the motor cables around or change it to #define coreyx or invert the y axis direction(which yields the same results somehow) it still moves and homes in the opposite direction. I tried setting homing direction to -1 but it jerked for a few cm and show maximum readings for the axes. To my knowledge the original config file for the printer did not invert any axis either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Link to my configuration file

Here a picture of the printer. The y axis endstop is at the front/bottom left of the picture. +y moves it towards the endstop

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2017 02:16AM by someoneonly.
Re: Issues with y direction in corexy
February 23, 2017 02:12PM

I tried setting homing direction to -1 but it jerked for a few cm and show maximum readings for the axes.

The short jerk move shows, the endstop is already triggered. Maybe there is some mismatch in marlin?
February 23, 2017 05:34PM
The endstops are configured correctly. I checked with m119. Both x and z axis homes correctly.
February 23, 2017 07:43PM
the file you linked to is not your configuration.h it is Conditionals.h

Please post your configuration.h
February 24, 2017 05:53AM
My bad I have corrected it.
February 24, 2017 09:48AM
I notice you have Ymin and Ymax endstops enabled, is that correct?
February 24, 2017 06:51PM
I enabled only the ymin at first but after it wouldnt work I enabled ymax to allow it to home it to home in the opposite direction. Still didnt work though.
February 24, 2017 09:54PM
All right I tried out repetier firmware and after changing the homing direction and setting it to home at ymax it works unlike marlin( though prints are still misaligned). Still trying to figure out how to invert the y axis in marlin and repetier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2017 10:27PM by someoneonly.
February 25, 2017 02:56AM
Since its a core xy...

X moves when both motors turn the same direction
Y moves when both motors turn in opposite direction

if you want to invert Y movement, you have to swap X and Y stepper motors to each others plugs on the controller (Never do this while it has power!)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2017 03:35AM by Dust.
February 25, 2017 07:54AM
Dust
Since its a core xy...

X moves when both motors turn the same direction
Y moves when both motors turn in opposite direction

if you want to invert Y movement, you have to swap X and Y stepper motors to each others plugs on the controller (Never do this while it has power!)

Tried this but the x and y axis got swapped around. The y and x were both moving in the positive direction though, but in the wrong axis.

EDIT: Tried it in marlin and it works. Thanks alot. Still a mystery to me as to how the original firmware worked uninverted

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2017 09:18AM by someoneonly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login