Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adjusting Marlin for quite printing

Posted by DOYT 
Adjusting Marlin for quite printing
February 11, 2017 03:56PM
Hi guys

My printer make some disturbing noises when prints the contour of the object and the first layer. Something goes into resonance and start vibrate. This happend at any speed but at lower speeds is louder. When she start to print in diagonal this noise disappear but after the firs layer. It's like in that moment the current trough steppers flows smoother. Is there a way to calibrate somehow my drivers to have quiter motors? I'm assuming that my motors are the problem and I think they introduce vibration in the frame and other parts. I'm using RamboMini board and Marlin 1.1.0 RC7. I allready set my currents trough my drivers to have the right voltage to each stepper. But.....maybe is something more than this that I can play with. Thank you!
Re: Adjusting Marlin for quite printing
February 12, 2017 03:06PM
Any ideas guys? I don't want to use towels or others things like this.
February 12, 2017 03:52PM
Depends
what drivers you are using
What micro stepping
What motors
February 12, 2017 04:34PM
motors: Bipolar Nema 17 40N/cm 1.7A
Motherboard: MiniRambo with drivers: 4982ET
16 microsteps.
I have set them to 600mV/ driver witch I know is a decent value.
February 12, 2017 05:59PM
Was going to suggest 1/32 micro stepping, but not possible with that MB driver combo.

Have you tried repetier firmware, i read somewhere it tends to run quiter than marlin,
I have not compared them tho.
February 13, 2017 01:32AM
Nop,i didn't try it. But I think to stay on Malrin as I have experience with it. MB can do 1/32 microstepping but as i increase the number of microsteps the motors gets weaker and I can't do prints at high speed right? this is from what I know....but maybe i'm wrong
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login