Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 1.1 RC8 reboots after bed reaches temps

Posted by JustinTimeToo 
Marlin 1.1 RC8 reboots after bed reaches temps
February 05, 2017 07:43PM
I installed the latest Marlin RC8. All the setups when fine. When I start printing, the bed heats up. Once it reaches the set temps and the extruder is supposed to start heating the software reboots.
Re: Marlin 1.1 RC8 reboots after bed reaches temps
February 06, 2017 01:10AM
make sure your hotend and your hotend thermistors are in the correct place on the controller, and aren’t shorting to each other

manually try just turning on the hot end, does it reboot every time (eg send the printer a M104 S190)

It could just be your power supply is to weak.. heated bed is fine, but heated bed + hotend it to much and browns out the controller.
February 06, 2017 12:38PM
Dust, I did not make any changes to the printer. It runs normal with Marlin 1.0.2. (Well...not normal but that is another issue, it doesn't reboot, though!) Since I a had problem with RC8 I flashed back to 1.0.2 and it's OK there so the problem is RC8 and not the printer.

BTW, I have a 110V heat bed running over a SSR so power should not be a problem. I can preheat the bed and extruder in RC8 and it's OK, no brown-outs. Once I load a file and start the printing process the program reboots when it turns the extruder on. If the problem is brown-out the question is why is RC8 that sensitive and 1.0.2 not.

Edit: Forgot to mention that when I had the computer hooked up to the board and ran the print file through Pronterface it rebooted too so brown-out is not the problem since it got it's 5v from the computer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2017 12:44PM by JustinTimeToo.
February 06, 2017 04:17PM
Depending on the board, power from USB is often ignored. It generates it own from the supply.
February 06, 2017 07:10PM
Could be but then why don't I have the problem with 1.0.2? Only with the RC8? What is RC8 doing that 1.0.2 is not?
February 07, 2017 04:02AM
In RC8 you have to enable SD-support, which was automatically set in 1.0.2 when you'd chosen any LCD.
Maybe the reset comes from reading the SD-card?
February 07, 2017 01:36PM
I had enabled the SD-support, that's why I was able to choose the file to print. It 'loaded' the file and started the sequence of printing. First is heating the bed. It did it. Once the bed reached the set temps the extruder was supposed to start heating. That's when the software rebooted. It did it over and over again. Every time I choose a file to print and start the printing process it reboots at the same spot.
February 09, 2017 01:06PM
I reflashed RC8 and the rebooting is gone but the problem for the rebooting still exist but manifests itself differently. I now get an error message , at the same 'spot', instead of rebooting. The message is that the printing was aborted because of bed heat temps problem. At least I know now where to look. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2017 01:07PM by JustinTimeToo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login