Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bltouch problem with RC8 and MKS gen 1.4

Posted by Sicon 
Bltouch problem with RC8 and MKS gen 1.4
January 15, 2017 11:34AM
Hello! I have some problems with RC8 and the bltouch as Z min endstop, hope you can help me. I have a MKS gen 1.4 board and I have no problems using a mechanical endstop in the z min port, it works as it should, when I enable the bltouch and the Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN both with the bltouch or the mechanical endstop attached in the zmin - port, I always have a triggered status after a M119 command when it should be open and an open when i manually trigger the mechanical endstop or the bltouch and this happen for any combination of true and false of these parameters Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING and Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING . I tried Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP instead but the z min status was correct, the z probe status is always triggered (even if I didn't attach the probe to any other pin) so I think there is something that always give a triggered status enablig the bltouch option with my board even if there isn't a real trigger, maybe some wrong pinout? What do you think? I tried to use the ramps board as motherboard type, but it is the same.

Thank you!

Voronix Core XY (custom model): Radds 1.6 (DRV8825) - Nextion 7" - E3d Titan + Hotend E3d V6 Direct - MK4DUO 4.3.3
Re: Bltouch problem with RC8 and MKS gen 1.4
January 15, 2017 08:19PM
Just to be clear: Is your BL-Touch in an error state? Because in the error state they report 'Triggered'. Also... One thing that can get them into the error state is not retracting the axis fast enough if you are doing double bump. The pin tries to re-assert itself but it doesn't have the room to fully deploy. Another thing that can cause errors with the BL-Touch is trying to probe too slow. We are working on some fixes for that but right now you don't want to probe super slow with a BL-Touch.
Re: Bltouch problem with RC8 and MKS gen 1.4
January 16, 2017 02:43AM
No, after the power on it does its selftest and expand and retract the pin freely and doesn't blink so I think it's fine. I did a simple test using a mechanical endstop instead of the bltouch (leaving marlin with the bltouch option) and the m119 command always gave me a triggered status on the zmin when I didn't push the trigger and also even if I changed the logic in marlin, it was always triggered. If I compile with fixed probe option with the same mechanical endstop I have a correct behaviour of open if not pushed and triggered if pushed so there is something strange in marlin with my board when using the bltouch option (maybe)

Voronix Core XY (custom model): Radds 1.6 (DRV8825) - Nextion 7" - E3d Titan + Hotend E3d V6 Direct - MK4DUO 4.3.3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login