Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Switching from repetier to marlin. How to do pin mapping?

Posted by improveThis 
Switching from repetier to marlin. How to do pin mapping?
January 12, 2017 08:46AM
Hello,

I'm trying to switch from repetier firmware to marlin in order to try out the mesh based bed correction.
There is however some things i have configured in repetier to which i cant find the marlin counterpart. Mostly its about remapping the pins.

Here's the parts of the repetier config i'm having trouble to replicate.

//move ymin to xmas so y min/max are free for use as uart with esp3d. This is a mirror of the default serial. Usb and wifi can be used at the same time.
#undef Y_MIN_PIN
#define Y_MIN_PIN ORIG_Z_MAX_PIN //marlin equivalent seems to be to edit pins_ramps.h directly, changing Y_MIN_PIN to the former value of Z_MAX_PIN, and settings Z_MAX_PIN to -1
#define BLUETOOTH_SERIAL  3 // this corresponds to pin64 PJ1(TXD3/PCINT10) and pin63 PJ0(RXD3/PCINT9)
#define BLUETOOTH_BAUD  57600

//dual z steppers
#define FEATURE_TWO_ZSTEPPER 1 //for marlin #define Z_DUAL_STEPPER_DRIVERS in config_adv.h should be enugh?
#define Z2_STEP_PIN   ORIG_E1_STEP_PIN
#define Z2_DIR_PIN    ORIG_E1_DIR_PIN
#define Z2_ENABLE_PIN ORIG_E1_ENABLE_PIN

//probe
#define Z_PROBE_PIN ORIG_X_MAX_PIN //bltouch on x_max   //marlin: #define Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN X_MAX_PIN

Also im using a
#define FEATURE_CONTROLLER 11 (CONTROLLER_REPRAPDISCOUNT_GLCD) without built in sd card (the one from the wanhao i3)
//marlin: #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

with an sdramps on "aux-3" to provide sd support
#define SDSUPPORT 1
// just #define SDSUPPORT for marlin

I also had to comment out some lines in ui.h to not disable sdramps when using glcd, not sure if i need to replicate that.
/*
#if FEATURE_CONTROLLER == CONTROLLER_SMARTRAMPS || FEATURE_CONTROLLER == CONTROLLER_GADGETS3D_SHIELD || FEATURE_CONTROLLER == CONTROLLER_BAM_DICE_DUE || (FEATURE_CONTROLLER == CONTROLLER_REPRAPDISCOUNT_GLCD && MOTHERBOARD != CONTROLLER_FELIX_DUE)
#undef SDCARDDETECT
#if MOTHERBOARD == 37
#define SDCARDDETECT ORIG_SDCARDDETECT
#else
#define SDCARDDETECT 49
#endif
#undef SDCARDDETECTINVERTED
#define SDCARDDETECTINVERTED 0
#undef SDSUPPORT
#define SDSUPPORT 1
#endif
*/

I have attached my working repetier config.

Thank you, any help would be appreciated.

Edit:
I have been adding my findings to the snippets.

working: Display, sd card, movement, homing xyz. autolevel(?),heaters/actual printing
not working: sd detect, wlan

So, most of the setup seems working now, but the extruder cant keep the tempreture during print.
Pid tune runs fine, but during print the temp quickly drops 10 -20° and the print stops with a thermal runaway error.

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2017 04:50PM by improveThis.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (18.2 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login