Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bilinear bed leveling and associated gcodes and procedure

Posted by gavatron3000 
Bilinear bed leveling and associated gcodes and procedure
December 26, 2016 08:28AM
Hey guys,
I made the move from rc6 to rc8 and have configured to use the bilinear bed leveling.
By issuing a G29 my machine begins probing and goes through its probing routine. I see the resulting mesh in the terminal, all good.
Now if I issue G29 S1 to save the mesh it just probes again but doesn't seem to echo a save command, it just echos G29. likewise when I issue G29 A to activate the mesh it just says G29 in the terminal and begins probing again.
I can't seem to get the mesh to apply for a print or save and I believe I may have missed a step or I'm issuing contradicting gcodes. I have a feeling if I issue a G28 after a G29 it will wipe the mesh, but again documentation on this new feature is elusive and minimal.
Could someone point me in the right direction?
Cheers
Gav
Re: Bilinear bed leveling and associated gcodes and procedure
December 26, 2016 06:27PM
I think it is possible you are getting UBL's Mesh Commands confused with RC-8's Bi-Linear Mesh commands. In the UBL system you can save the mesh in slot # 1 by doing a G29 S1. But in RC-8's Bi_linear bed leveling things are documented as:

/**
* G29: Mesh-based Z probe, probes a grid and produces a
* mesh to compensate for variable bed height
* Parameters With MESH_BED_LEVELING:
* S0 Produce a mesh report
* S1 Start probing mesh points
* S2 Probe the next mesh point
* S3 Xn Yn Zn.nn Manually modify a single point
* S4 Zn.nn Set z offset. Positive away from bed, negative closer to bed.
* S5 Reset and disable mesh

If you are using the UBL system... Very soon there will be a version of it built on RC-8. Right now, UBL is built on RC-7 and forked on July 4th from that code base.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2016 06:28PM by Roxy.
December 27, 2016 12:00AM
Ahhhh righto no worries, that makes sense.

So just to clarify M500 will save the mesh like before using manual mesh leveling as well as M420 S1 to activate the mesh?

Thanks for the help mate

Gav
December 27, 2016 12:13AM
It depends which system you are talking about.

M500 used to save the mesh in the UBL system, but that was problematic for a number of reasons.

M500 no longer saves the mesh in UBL. It is my belief it will save the mesh when using Bi-Linear leveling in RC-8. You can verify that pretty quickly.
December 27, 2016 12:26AM
Yep referring to the bilinear in rc8
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login