Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need some help with steps/mm

Posted by electrophile 
Need some help with steps/mm
December 15, 2016 01:57PM
I'm running Marlin 1.1.0 RC7 on my newly minted D-Bot Core XY and I have some issues with the steps/mm settings. I'm using the DRV8825 drivers with the MS3 jumper set which essentially means they are configured for 1/16 micro step. Also I'm using the standard GT2 belts for the X and Y axis and a 20-tooth pulley on the motors. The Z-axis uses a 2mm pitch acme leadscrew. With these settings I get the X and Y steps/mm as 80 and the Z steps/mm as 1600. However, if I move the axes by 4mm, I get 16mm of travel. What am I missing?
Re: Need some help with steps/mm
December 16, 2016 06:12AM
Your math looks right

I would guess you have and eeprom enabled and you updated your configuration.h with the new steps/mm values

The eeprom takes precedence over the configuration.h Send a M503 and check your steps/mm are what you expected.

To reset eeprom to values in configuration.h do a M502 then a M500
December 17, 2016 12:50AM
Right! M503 shows the same values as configration.h. Though this is still a mystery, I changed the value to 400 from 1600 and now the travel is correct. I can't figure out the math though!
December 17, 2016 02:21AM
Are you sure that your microstepping jumpers are set correctly?
December 17, 2016 02:41AM
Are you sure of these are 2mm pitch acme leadscrew, url to source?

If they are multi start vs single start then that changes things, take a look at them end on.. single start you can only see one start and 4 start for eg you see 4...

4 start would explain what you seeing perfectly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2016 03:27AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login