Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mirror prints

Posted by isacat 
mirror prints
November 27, 2016 10:09AM
my printer is printing everything in mirror
I found a solution on the internet to reverse the y motor, and to change your homing to.
Gcode g28 home the extruder fine. now I send a g29
Now here is my problem ... normal it starts in the back in the left side and will come in S figure to the front, now after my changes to solve the mirror problem the auto bed leveling start almost in the middle left and will go to the back almost of the bed!
Can anyone help me here?
Re: mirror prints
November 27, 2016 02:24PM
Does it home properly? Can you move the nozzle around on the bed with PronterFace?
November 27, 2016 03:24PM
home is working fine ... only with pronterface the Y is working reversed
all was working fine in pronterface before I did the changes to solve the mirroring problem!
November 27, 2016 03:41PM
Reversing could be X or Y axis reversed

Identify your type of machine
Identify where your end stops are

On I3 the Bed moves in Y, Y is backwards from what you think. (remember movement is relative to the extruder)
On I3 type machines Min end stops are at Left, Back and Down positions, if they are elsewhere they are maximum end stops

Find in configuration.h the section on endstop directions eg

// ENDSTOP SETTINGS:
// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
// :[-1,1]
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

Adjust to match your endstops positions. (NB with ramps you may need to move the endstops plugs, min and max endstops uses different pins)

Now check your direction of moment,
X -ve should move head left, X+ve should move head right
Y -ve should move bed back, Y +ve should move bed forward
Z -ve should move head down, Z +ve should move head up

Either invert these in firmware or in hardware as needed.
November 27, 2016 04:37PM
I have a I3 printer
stops are for Z on the right side, Y in the back and for X I use auto bed leveling with servo.
all was working fine and correct with printerface before I try to resolve my mirror printing issue.
attach you can find my configuration.h file and I am using RCbugfix version
I am not familiar with marlin or adruino but I am learning each day
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (53.1 KB)
November 27, 2016 11:37PM
unless you have a really weird printer your naming your axis all wrong...

For a 3d printer
Z is up and down movement, z probes are also up and down.
X is left and right
Y is back and front

so taking your "stops are for Z on the right side, Y in the back and for X I use auto bed leveling with servo."

I presume you mean, X is on the right side, Y in the back and for Z I use auto bed leveling with servo.

so in yoru configuration.h
#define X_HOME_DIR 1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

You cant check direction of movement from configuration.h you have to tell the printer to move and verify it moves the direction you expected.
November 28, 2016 02:54AM
your righ, I was wrong, it's like you told me, X is on the right side, Y in the back and for Z I use auto bed leveling with servo.

But what I find strange is that the printer was working fine with pronterface, when I press +y the bed moves to the back, -x the nozzle moves to the left, +z the nozzle goes up. how is it possible then to have mirror prints if the printer follow pronterface correct?
November 28, 2016 04:11AM
"Now check your direction of moment,
X -ve should move head left, X+ve should move head right
Y -ve should move bed back, Y +ve should move bed forward
Z -ve should move head down, Z +ve should move head up"
November 28, 2016 04:34AM
ok, done, it's configure like this now,.
g28 homeing is working correct :-)
now the auto bed leveling is wrong, normal it starts left in the back and will measure 3 points, then come to the middle left and measure 3 points and then front and measure 3 times. What happens now, it start almost in the middle left measure 3 times then goes to the back measure 3 times and then it goes almost of the bed! how can I correct this, before I change the settings the auto bed was working fine.
November 28, 2016 04:57AM
This is a educated guess

Try setting these back to positive,
#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 26 // X offset: -left +right [of the nozzle]
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 16 // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2016 04:57AM by Dust.
November 28, 2016 03:28PM
Dust
This is a educated guess

Try setting these back to positive,
#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 26 // X offset: -left +right [of the nozzle]
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 16 // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]

this is not working, nozzle goes all the way to the left but I manage to manually reset the X and Y Probe Offset setting, now I am happy
only small thing now is when I print for example the marvin guy, the printer does not place him in de middle of the bed, is 3 cm to the left, on S3D it's in the middle
how can I adjust this setting? is it possible?
November 28, 2016 07:09PM
The Xmax endstop is set to be at a certain location, by default this is 200mm
eg
#define X_MAX_POS 200
This is probably not accurate

what you need to do is home X to the right then measure from the tip of the nozzel to the X0 position with a mm(inches are useless here) ruler keeping the ruler parallel to the X axis. Enter this value into the above line in your configuration.h

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2016 07:11PM by Dust.
November 29, 2016 05:00AM
it's working fine for X_MAX_POS, I changed this to 190
but it's not working for the Y_MAX_POS, I changed it here also to 190 but the Y stays the same, seems not to react on this setting!
November 29, 2016 06:48AM
"but it's not working for the Y_MAX_POS, I changed it here also to 190 but the Y stays the same, seems not to react on this setting!"

yip..

Your trying to adjust the position of the physical end stop. But on Y you have a minimum endstop, not a max

In this case you need to home the y axis and measure from the tip of the nozzel to your Y0 location (at the front of the bed) while keeping the ruler parallel to the y axis
This should be a position less than Y0, eg if this distance is 20mm, set Y_MIN_POS -20 (ie you have to move 20mm to get to 0 from the home position)

Now the Y_MAX_POS value needs to be the Y size of your print area. Normally 200mm.
If you have Y_MAX_POS set to less than your print size the printer will just not move into the back edge (it will stop short), if you have it set to large the printer will continue to try and move the bed and crash into the end of movement if requested to.

Also now that we have established that your X is only 190mm wide, you need to set your slicer bed size for X to 190mm, or when it centres the print it will put it at X100 and be right 5mm of centre. (presuming its currently set to 200mm)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2016 06:56AM by Dust.
November 30, 2016 04:46AM
Thanks Dust, is't working now !!!

I needed to change also the real bed size not only in Marlin but also in the S3D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login