Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z-probe and auto bed levelling in the most recent Marlin version

Posted by electrophile 
Z-probe and auto bed levelling in the most recent Marlin version
November 24, 2016 03:40AM
I'm building a 3D printer for the first time (The D-Bot Core XY) and I'm still waiting for a few parts to come in. In the meantime I thought it'll be a good idea to get started on the firmware settings. Though the D-Bot files include a firmware file I think they are for an older version of Marlin and I thought I'd port the settings to the newer version. I'm hoping someone can help me with a few queries I had.

The endstop pullups: I'm using the Makerbot design mechanical switches which seem to have a pullup resistor on the board itself. Hence is it necessary to enable the ENDSTOPPULLUPS settings in Marlin?

The Z-probe: I intend to attach an inductive probe for auto-bed levelling and homing. I've made the following changes in the firmware and can anyone help me understand if these are correct? I did see Tom's video on this and it looks like that was on an older version of Marlin and a few of those options are not here.

The configuration.h is attached here and the Z-probe settings start at line 431. The auto-bed levelling settings start at line 650.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (51.8 KB)
Re: Z-probe and auto bed levelling in the most recent Marlin version
November 24, 2016 08:11PM
If the boards really have pullups, you should not need to have the ENDSTOPPULLUPS defined in your Configuration.h file. But it won't do any harm to have them turned on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login