Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not obeying movement or homing limits?

Posted by blt3dp 
Not obeying movement or homing limits?
November 13, 2016 05:51PM
Running Marlin RC Bugfix as of July 24 or so. Though I've struggled with this far earlier than this.

Specifically the Z Axis, in my Configuration.h, I have everything related to movement or homing of Z Axis to .5*60. That's point 5 mm/sec, eg 30 mm/min.

So switching Slicers seems to be especially painful, some express Z Axis in mm/sec, some in mm/min. So there have been times that I've gotten it wrong and tried to drive the axis way higher than it should be. I thought Marlin was supposed to limit this, how come it doesn't seem to be?
Re: Not obeying movement or homing limits?
November 13, 2016 08:33PM
you have to set the max feed rates (you haven’t provided any configuration.h so im presuming...)

ie find in configuration.h
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {300, 300, 5, 25} // (mm/sec)

the 5 is the default Z max feed rate
November 14, 2016 12:09PM
It's set in my Conifguration.h

Now that I double checked it, it looks like it's intentional that it can be overridden by M203

As it's currently designed, I wouldn't call it a safeguard at all, especially when a piece of software could just come in and set it to an arbitrarily high value that could be dangerous to the machine. You would think the intention behind MAX anything would be to prevent it from being operated at a dangerous level, and thus cannot be overridden.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (52.6 KB)
November 14, 2016 11:51PM
I'm OK with some parameter with 'Max' in the name being over-ridden and having a bigger 'Max' number put in it. If the user thinks that makes sense, I'm not going to second guess him....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2016 11:57PM by Roxy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login