Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Configuring Marlin and print starting too high

Posted by bitemyshinymetal 
Configuring Marlin and print starting too high
September 04, 2016 04:35PM
I am having some trouble configuring Marlin..at least that's what I think the problem is. It's a P3Steel built from a kit with leadscrews on the Z axis.

Imgur Album

I tried configuring Marlin following this guide and Prusa's Calculator. I'm not sure however that I entered the right values.
My stepper motors have 200 motor steps per rev.I am using DRV8825 drivers so I assume I am using 1/32 microstepping. I am using GT2 belt (2mm) and 20 teeth pulleys. After also measuring filament I for E steps..this was my line in the config.

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {160, 160, 3200, 200.9419152276296}

The problem I am having is that when I start the print, the nozzle is too high from the bed but when I auto-home the height is correct. I also followed the manual leveling process. This is the file I am trying to print.

I am using Slic3r and Printrun. In the imgur link you can find my Slic3r settings. Please, help me, it's driving me crazy because I haven't been able to get a single print out of my printer sad smiley
Re: Configuring Marlin and print starting too high
September 04, 2016 08:44PM
I can't tell from the picture if it has a Z-Probe. If you post your Configuration.h file, it will be easier to make suggestions. But one thing you may want to do until you get things behaving as you expect is to turn off the EEPROM. That causes a lot of problems if bad values get pulled in from the EEPROM after a reset or power cycle.
September 05, 2016 01:20AM
nearly always max feedrate is to high

eg
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {300, 300, 5, 25}

the value 5 is for Z axis, lower it to 3, some even need 2.
September 05, 2016 01:37AM
I am currently not using a Z-probe. I have attached my Configuration.h and I'll try to lower the DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE when I get home.
Could you please look over my other settings to see if they are OK?

Thank you!
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (51.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login