Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2004 lcd module

Posted by okuzster 
2004 lcd module
August 20, 2016 02:53PM
i have exactly this brand-model lcd module. [www.bigtree-tech.com]

and i've try to configure marlin, or tried some ready to use firmware versions but couldnt make it run. it gives no response btw, no back-light, no beeping. not sure if it's cause of firmware but if so anyone can give me proper one working with this one?
Re: 2004 lcd module
August 20, 2016 07:00PM
If it isn't doing anything, my first guess is you have the cables plugged in wrong. There are two possibilities. You could have the cables crossed where the Aux1 cable on the LCD does not go to the Aux1 connector on the printer board. Or, maybe a connector is twisted. It looks like the connectors on the LCD panel are keyed, so that should not happen there. If the connectors on the printer board are keyed, this 2nd possibility can only happen if the cable is made wrong.

But the thing is... Even without the LCD support being turned on in the firmware, you should see the LCD Panel give off a little bit of light when you turn on the printer.
August 21, 2016 03:47AM
connectors are keyed, but i cut them on 1 side to connect them twisted, i've tried every possible connection that way, still nothing.

so it sounds like a hardware problem if i get it right, i gonna test the cables next, but don't know how to test board with multi-meter or some other way, anyone can help? i dont have another lcd module so i can't test with other one.
August 21, 2016 08:45AM
Well... For $10 you can get a new LCD Panel. It might be worth while just to know the LCD Panel is good. Because when you don't even know what part is not working, it is really hard to figure things out.

[www.ebay.com]
August 21, 2016 09:18AM
i probably gonna do that, but i live in turkey and in local markets the prices are more than double, which is not a big deal when u buy 1 piece but still i don't wanna, and getting from abroad takes atleast 3 weeks.
August 21, 2016 09:54AM
The other option is if you know somebody else with a 3d Printer, maybe you can plug the display in and see if it works on their printer. And for that matter, plug your AVR Board into their printer and verify it works too. At least that would help you figure out where the problem is.
August 23, 2016 01:09PM
new lcd panel is working, problem solved.
August 23, 2016 03:22PM
What was wrong? Was it something with the cable?

Now you are ready to bring up the devel_ubl branch of the code !!!!
August 25, 2016 02:30PM
cables are ok. i keep the connector part and cables, just changed the lcd module and it worked. but i have no idea if the lcd itself is broken or something else on board. i'll try to test part by part when i have time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login