Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nozzle Cleaning [1.1.0 RC7]

Posted by brucehvn 
Nozzle Cleaning [1.1.0 RC7]
August 14, 2016 07:49PM
I've downloaded Marlin 1.1.0 RC7 and integrated my Configuration.h settings into it, but I have not installed it yet.

I'm curious about the nozzle cleaning feature. I'm not exactly sure what it does machine wise. I see it moves the head in a pattern I set it for, but what is is doing while going through that pattern? Is it extruding? What height is the nozzle at?

I guess I want to know what a scenario would be that I would use that. Can it help with cleaning blobs off the nozzle before doing mesh bed leveling calibrations? That's my biggest pain is making sure the nozzle is clean so as not to add fake distance between the bed and nozzle during calibrations.
Re: Nozzle Cleaning [1.1.0 RC7]
August 15, 2016 05:47PM
brucehvn
Can it help with cleaning blobs off the nozzle before doing mesh bed leveling calibrations? That's my biggest pain is making sure the nozzle is clean so as not to add fake distance between the bed and nozzle during calibrations.

It is especially useful for dual extruder machines when you switch from one nozzle to the other. But some people are using it on single extruder machines to clean up the nozzle prior to a print. If you are using your nozzle as a probe, it would be useful to wipe it!
August 15, 2016 06:25PM
Roxy

It is especially useful for dual extruder machines when you switch from one nozzle to the other. But some people are using it on single extruder machines to clean up the nozzle prior to a print. If you are using your nozzle as a probe, it would be useful to wipe it!

So, it sounds like it's not extruding while doing the cleaning? And what do people usually use as a surface for the wiping? I'm thinking like a ScotchBrite pad, but maybe that would melt with the heat of the nozzle.
August 15, 2016 07:06PM
I think a Scotch Bright pad would work well. I have not used the Wipe Feature. But my assumption is it does not extrude. The whole purpose is to clean the nozzle.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login