Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need Help with configuring Marlin Firmware

Posted by soso2 
Need Help with configuring Marlin Firmware
June 20, 2016 05:19PM
Hello
I'm trying to get this firmware configured to my ramps 1.4, I attached the firmware, The person who made set up the firmware said you have to select your temp sensor, your endstops , and board, I did this but not sure what I am missing because arduino ide keeps throwing errors.. can someone take a look at it.. maybe fix what ever is in it that throwing errors??
Please Help
Attachments:
open | download - FrankenCube.rar (519.6 KB)
Re: Need Help with configuring Marlin Firmware
June 24, 2016 01:39PM
I hope you get the answers you need! I have been battling getting the firmware to compile for months. I went through many,many errors before finally getting the firmware flashed to the arduino mega. When I attached the mega to the ramps board the smart controller lite up. I was thrilled. However that is as far as it went. no action of any kind. I am in the dark to what I need to do to get this thing started. I have a little gripe that the writers of the how to guides don't always list which version of marlin they are describing. Some are quite old and not very easy to understand. I tried another firmware and it was even worse! I hope you have good luck getting past your error messages. Even with the problems I have gone through I still think this is great fun!
June 25, 2016 12:37PM
The current RC-6 RCBugFix branch should be much easier for you to compile and bring up. It is also very stable. I think we will still do an RC-7 but RC-6 is actually good enough to go 'Golden' and promote to be a Stable Branch.
June 26, 2016 03:52PM
Thanks I did the RC 6, got it working, but really wanted the other one to work.. I download a older beta version of arduino and it came up with no error, but The firmware is old and doesn't support the lcd im using, so I went to Rc 6..
August 20, 2016 07:23PM
what is the error: tx_buffer was not declared in this scope

Thanks for any help
September 10, 2016 10:50PM
I'm trying to setup Marlin with my Rostock Metal Max. But when I use the Delta configuration.h file from the Examples Directory I cant compile, I get a "version out of date" error. Although this is the RC7 build released 20 days ago. Can anyone help?
September 11, 2016 12:43PM
Are you sure the "Version out of date" message is not referring to the compiler (Arduino) ? What version of Arduino are you using?
September 12, 2016 05:50PM
I'm using the latest version. Ver.1.6.11 The message reads that the version number needs to be changed every time you update the file, but it doesn't tell you how to do it. Thanks for any help.
September 12, 2016 11:40PM
The "out of date" message isn't in the Marlin code base I'm using. Right now, I'm forked from the July 4th 2016 RC-7 code base and using that to develop the Unified Bed Leveling System. What branch are you using? Because my code is pretty recent and I don't see that message anywhere.
September 15, 2016 04:49PM
I'm using the same one, but I have a delta rostock printer and have substituted the configuration.h file from the examples directory for the one in the download. This is what I get the error from. Jerry
September 15, 2016 06:22PM

Here is the error I get when I try and compile. Jerry
September 17, 2016 09:25AM
I think the best thing to do is take a visual diff program like NotePad++ or ExamDiff Pro and compare your Configuration.h file to the one that is included with the release. You should be able to move your settings over to the new file very quickly. I think you are running into problems because you have items turned on that are no longer controlling any thing. And you probably don't have other items enabled that are needed. (Some of the names for things have changed.)
September 17, 2016 09:22PM
The config file I'm using is the one from the release, but it came out of the examples folder. For a Delta printer you are supposed to replace the regular Configuration.h file with the one from the examples folder, which I did. But both files are from the same release.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login