Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin not compiling for printrboard

Posted by duffle1986 
Marlin not compiling for printrboard
May 22, 2016 11:29PM
Hello. This is my first build and I am having trouble uploading firmware to my printrboard. Everytime I go to verify I get this error message :

I have tried a few different versions of adruino with the same results.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2016 11:42PM by duffle1986.
Re: Marlin not compiling for printrboard
May 23, 2016 05:04AM
Were did you get firmware? it may just be broken,

What firmware, marlin, sprinter , repetier, teacup??

It looks like marlin...

And that’s a really old version of arduino

And where did you get the board.txt file for printrboard?
May 23, 2016 08:25AM
You are caught in a Catch-22. The problem is there are not instructions for getting PrintRboards to work with the latest Arduino's such as v1.6.8. But there are problems and conflicts in earlier versions of Arduino (some versions after v1.05) that cause strange behavior in Marlin. You can turn off the sanity checks to allow it to compile with v.22 or v1.05 which can be made with PrintRboard. It probably will work if you can compile clean.
May 23, 2016 07:19PM
Looking at your screenshot, it looks like your main file is BlinkM.cpp... that seems odd to me. Maybe you're trying to compile the wrong thing? Make sure you're working with Marlin.ino.

Last year I spent some time going around these circles. I recorded my solution (for Ubuntu) here. Maybe there's somethere that's relevant to you?
May 26, 2016 12:18AM
I was able to figure it out. I was following "Lincomatic's How to Program an AT90USB1286/Teensylu/Printrboard with Arduino" article and the step involving using the teensy software and then using his files to copy over files that were installed, I had copied over aduinos files and not the ones teensylu created. Thank you guys for helping me. it was of course user error haha. smiling smiley
May 28, 2016 08:21PM
What version of Arduino did you get it running on? I'm hoping it was something like v1.6.8 !!!
May 29, 2016 04:34PM
printrbot's use of old marlin is pretty annoying.

anyone know what changes printrbot made to marlin, can they be easily rolled into a current marlin that can build with current IDE?
May 31, 2016 11:32AM
bani
printrbot's use of old marlin is pretty annoying.

anyone know what changes printrbot made to marlin, can they be easily rolled into a current marlin that can build with current IDE?

For the people that know how to do it, adding support for a board in Arduino is not too big of a deal. Especially if you have a board file that is close. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it and my first printer has a PrintRboard. So, I feel the pain too. I wonder if somebody in the Arduino forums would be willing to throw us a bone and make a support file for a PrintRboard?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login