Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKs base v1.4 no option in marlin for EEFB

Posted by Picodeguyoh 
MKs base v1.4 no option in marlin for EEFB
February 21, 2016 11:17AM
Ok, so here is the problem I have encountered.

I am trying to setup my printer with dual hot ends, fan and heated bed EEFB but there is no option for this using any of the RAMPS selections. The closest I can do is either Motherboard 34 or 36 which is either EEF or EEB. When I tried 34 it thinks my fan is the 2nd hot end but still....no way to take advantage of the heated bed. MKs Base v1.3 and MKs Base v1.4 both have 4 drivers and capable of running EEFB but there is no option in Marlin that I see to take advantage of this. Can someone please point me in the right direction if there is one. Sorry if this is a known issue or a newbie problem...I am still very new to 3d printing (6 months under my belt, LOL) but learning fast and could not find any info on this.....so I figured I would ask the experts. :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2016 11:19AM by Picodeguyoh.
Re: MKs base v1.4 no option in marlin for EEFB
February 21, 2016 12:47PM
Shouldn't you be using the MKS_BASE for your board?

RAMPS by itself has only three MOSFET controlled outputs, so you need to add some extra circuitry.

Use the EEB setting and add something like this fan control: [www.ebay.com]
Then you just modify Marlin to use that controller for the fan.

That fan controller happened to be the first one found with a search using "ramps fan controller"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2016 12:51PM by stephenrc.
February 21, 2016 03:26PM
Thanks for the input and I may need to buy a RAMPs setup but this board came with my printer and wanted to use it if possible. MKs Base advises to use the ramps configurations in Marlin...that is why I am using it. Besides there is no MKS_Base in the boards.h file or I would be using it. Im sure there is a way to make it work...but I don't know if anyone will be getting around to figuring it out before I get impatient and have to spend more money. Thanks for the help....confused smiley
February 25, 2016 09:42AM
Suport for MKSbase was added during the last year. So if you are using 1.0.2 or below you cant find it.

It's
---
/**
* MKS BASE 1.0 – Arduino Mega2560 with RAMPS v1.4 pin assignments
*/

#include "pins_RAMPS_13_EFB.h"

#undef HEATER_1_PIN
#define HEATER_1_PIN 7
---

If that does not work for you you have to define your own pins. [reprap.org]
February 29, 2016 12:38AM
Ok, I have the latest very of Marlin and have the MKs board running EEFB but now for a totally new issue. After setting up the board I now no longer have lcd display. I have it setup correctly in Marlin because if I setup the board as a ramps with EFB I have display. If I switch back to MKs Base board with EEFB the board freezes up and I have no lcd (No power to it at all). Any suggestions...?
February 29, 2016 09:08AM
Reversed one end of the cables....fixed!
April 24, 2017 06:52PM
AnHardt
Suport for MKSbase was added during the last year. So if you are using 1.0.2 or below you cant find it.

It's
---
/**
* MKS BASE 1.0 – Arduino Mega2560 with RAMPS v1.4 pin assignments
*/

#include "pins_RAMPS_13_EFB.h"

#undef HEATER_1_PIN
#define HEATER_1_PIN 7
---

If that does not work for you you have to define your own pins. [reprap.org]

Im having the same issue, can you explain better how to tell marlin to use the correct pins of the mks base 1.5 for dual hotend setup ? many thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login