Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FIRMWARE ISSUES PLEASE HELP!

Posted by OO DURKE OO 
FIRMWARE ISSUES PLEASE HELP!
January 25, 2016 07:17PM
I have a solidoodle press yes BIG MISTAKE If I had known then what I know now I would have avoided them at all costs. I can not get support I have posted on other forums. Can someone please help me with updating my firmware?

Please see the post on another forum for details.

[www.soliforum.com]

You don't need to post there you can post here in reponse. but that link will keep me from having to restate where I am at so far.

Thanks in advance.
Re: FIRMWARE ISSUES PLEASE HELP!
January 26, 2016 05:44PM
You want to start with the Marlin code they shipped the unit. It should be available on their site. It is part of the license agreement. Marlin is free to use and ship in commercial products, but as a condition to this, they have to provide the full source to anybody that asks for it.

With the code base that shipped with your unit, you can easily start making changes or migrate to a new version of Marlin.
January 26, 2016 07:00PM
Can you help me with this? I have zero experience doing this and I have no idea where to begin. I would like to update to a newer marlin version if one is available for my solidoodle press.

Below are some documents I was looking at.

[support.solidoodle.com]

[support.solidoodle.com]

I can tell I am in the right general area but I have no idea where to begin.

The directions to upgrade/flash the firmware is not great. any help is appreciated. I downloaded their arduino but it is missing the TeensyLU they speak of. I have no idea how to get that.
January 27, 2016 12:48PM
First, you need to get Arduino up and running with a PrintrBoard. They want you to use a very very old version of Arduino. The reason is the PrintrBoard additions do not work with every version of Arduino.
This version is very old, but it does work. Hopefully, it still works with the newer versions of Marlin.

[arduino.googlecode.com]

If it doesn't we can (with work) get you going on a newer version of Arduino. (I have a PrintrBoard on one of my printers and have it working with Arduino v 1.06 )

The firmware appears to be fully published at this link: [blog.solidoodle.com] It is a fairly old version of the firmware. You will want to update to the newer versions of Marlin. Mostly, you will abandon all of the source except your configuration information. That is Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h. Because you are using a PrintRBoard, you may want to double check the Pins.h file to make sure there are not any changes that need to be crossed over. What you want to do is take all of your settings from those files and make the new files have the same values. You can't really just replace the new files with the old ones because a lot of extra features have shown up and you need to go through line by line and cross the changes over in a rational way.
January 28, 2016 11:47AM
So how do I do that inside of arduino?
January 28, 2016 03:59PM
You install the software at this link: [arduino.googlecode.com]

And then you double click on the Marlin.ino file that is sitting with the source code.

You set your board type to what it needs to be.

You build and upload the firmware.
January 31, 2016 12:31PM
Roxy
You install the software at this link: [arduino.googlecode.com]

And then you double click on the Marlin.ino file that is sitting with the source code.

You set your board type to what it needs to be.

You build and upload the firmware.

Please see this post. I need some additional help before I can begin.

[www.soliforum.com]
February 09, 2016 05:27PM
This is the current Setup Guide. It needs work, so please provide feedback about anything that is confusing. Meanwhile you may also find videos on YouTube on how to set up Marlin, so give that a search as well.
February 09, 2016 05:34PM
Thinkyhead
This is the current Setup Guide. It needs work, so please provide feedback about anything that is confusing. Meanwhile you may also find videos on YouTube on how to set up Marlin, so give that a search as well.

Thank you for the assistance. My Solidoodle burned out. The extruder stopped working and I was unable to fix it. Since my CC was able to get a refund as they have no way to reach them for replacement I threw it in the trash. I bought a 400 buck CTC printer which is what I had previously and that worked really well. I'm hopinh the new one will function just as nicely.
Solidoodles are accepted…
February 09, 2016 06:00PM
Broken and unwanted printers are among the donations I will accept to help my work developing Marlin. smileys with beer [patreon.com]

|
| Lead Developer of Marlin Firmware
| Help support my work at Patreon and Elsewhere.
|
Re: Solidoodles are accepted…
February 09, 2016 06:01PM
Thinkyhead
Broken and unwanted printers are among the donations I will accept to help my work developing Marlin. smileys with beer [patreon.com]

Sorry but it is already gone. I could sell you a cheap motherboard from my old CTC printer. It still works. I believe but im not sure though that is is a 2680. its in great condition just a little dusty from being under the machine.
Re: Solidoodles are accepted…
February 09, 2016 06:01PM
Thinkyhead

Also I should point out they made the press almost impossible to work on. Its very hard to service believe me I tried.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login