Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Replacing a Menai 2.0 board with ramps.

Posted by vicvega77 
Replacing a Menai 2.0 board with ramps.
January 27, 2018 09:59AM
I have what’s is essentially some variation of a pursa 2 with a menzi 2.0 board that’s damaged. I want to replace it with ramps. The printer also has an external part to boost the voltage.

How difficult is this process? I’ve done a bit of soldering but I’m nothing too intricate. Does ramps calibrate the motors? I know a little bit of programming but not much.

A seperate problem is my heat bed has stopped working and my printer refuses to start unless the heat bed is up to temperature.

Thanks for any help you can give me. It’s much appreciated.
Re: Replacing a Menai 2.0 board with ramps.
January 27, 2018 07:29PM
"The printer also has an external part to boost the voltage." pictures might help... not sure what your talking about here.

"How difficult is this process?" easy... main issue is any incompatible plugs, so you have to change a few plugs over.

"Does ramps calibrate the motors" no. standard pololu stepper drivers all use the variable resistor to set the current. Or if your talking about steps/mm type stuff, thats firmware settings

"A separate problem is my heat bed has stopped working" 9/10 time this is a dead MOSFET on the controller...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2018 08:20PM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login