Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print request

Posted by Zerker 
Print request
June 03, 2015 08:55PM
Hi all, I have broken my X end motor mount, and cant print a replacement (not that I was able to print one before I broke it but more on that in my other thread)
I'm after someone to print me both X ends from the Prusa i3 rework (the ones with the split bearing holders not the fully open ones) I may also need the matching bearing idler for the X belt and a new X carriage, get in touch and we can discuss.

Cheers
Re: Print request
June 03, 2015 10:10PM
Wish I could help Zerker. I fired up my printer and it went BANG.
Turns out I dropped a washer into the power supply when I had the hotend dismantled - Doh!
Anyone able to print a power supply LOL?
June 03, 2015 10:35PM
Ask around with anyone you know that messes with PC's they may have a spare ATX powersupply you can use/get on the cheap
June 04, 2015 05:15AM
Where are you? How big is this thing you want printed? I've only got a little 100x100x100 PrintrBot.

If it's small (and you're happy with PLA, I can do it. But I'm still struggling to get my printer reliable.

So I'll be more than happy if someone else can do it for you.

Frank (in Marton)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2015 05:16AM by frankvdh.
June 04, 2015 11:28PM
Yep as above, where are you? Happy to pay postage if not close?
How about posting a link to the parts you want or attaching them to make it easier for people to help you.

Cheers
June 05, 2015 06:42AM
Sorry, Ofcourse I can and am willing to pay for the postage was gonna discuss that with whoever agrees to do the printing as I expected to have to pay for that as well.

I'm in Hamilton so can pick them up if local.

I'm after both X ends from this:
[www.thingiverse.com]
and I might as well get the x Carriage replaced at the same time, so this here:
[www.thingiverse.com]

I have the following extruder [www.thingiverse.com] which uses 30mm spacing for the x carriage mounting holes. the above X carriage should fit, the one I have at the moment has the Zip ties (designed for a nut and bolt instead of zipties but that will still cause it to split) sit out behind the bearings rather than wrapping around the bearings which leaves room for play.
June 05, 2015 09:48PM
Your first link (Prusa i3 Rework 1.5 ) only has a washer as the only part at Thingiverse???
June 05, 2015 10:38PM
Ah, sorry, looks like I put the wrong one (someone remixed the i3Rework and I got that link by mistake, work blocked reprap forums yesterday so I attempted to grab it from my history)
[www.thingiverse.com]
June 06, 2015 02:09AM
My printer's working pretty well at the moment,so I'd be happy to help out.However,again only PLA..
So if i understand correctly,you need the X carriage,X end idler,and X end motor V2?
Any colour preference?I have white ,red,green,and purple.
PM me if you'd like me to do them.

@ AgentX,I have a spare server power supply,around 60A,and from memory about 700w.
You could have it for $30,as you helped me out with printed parts when i needed itsmiling smiley
June 06, 2015 05:12AM
yup, X end idler, X end motor mount, and x carriage from the other link.

PM'd ya to discuss details
June 08, 2015 04:56PM
I can offer ABS in black or white if you haven't already organised something.
Cheers
June 09, 2015 06:38AM
Looks like I have found someone to print these parts but they are not too sure about the quality that the prints came out at, will post again once I receive the prints
June 14, 2015 09:09PM
That didn't quiet go to plan, if anyone else wants to print the parts let me know, I'm still in need as the last set were warped and unusable.
June 14, 2015 09:41PM
I could give it a go. Man those parts have a lot of bridging and unsupported overhangs though...
ABS or PLA? Any requests on perimeters and infill?
July 02, 2015 05:32PM
and looks like we have this sorted.
July 02, 2015 06:31PM
Hey Zerker

You do realise that nobody will believe that you have it sorted until you post photos and/or video evidence :-)

My Prusa Mendel i2 inspired Repstrap with welded steel frame: [youtu.be]
And my Smartrap derived Briefcase 3D printer: [youtu.be]
July 02, 2015 07:20PM
and even then... photoshoped tongue sticking out smiley
July 02, 2015 09:57PM
Lol,
Well, I guess I need to put some photos up in my other thread showing the changes to my printer and if there is any print quality improvements.

These new parts should at the least let me get back to printing, along with the other upgrades/replacements i should have a printer that prints recognizable objects.

Neil, that's an awesome little printer in your sig
July 02, 2015 11:20PM
Thanks Zerker

The portability of the briefcase printer is really great. It is continually evolving and improving all the time. I still use the steel framed machine pretty regularly - whenever I want to do large stuff or ABS. It is hard to beat the heatbed for big footprint PLA parts.

Next on the list for the briefcase printer is to convert it to toothed belt drive and banish slipping fishing line forever. I am also planning to do some large cutouts on the base board to make the whole thing lighter to carry and to allow for some essential tool storage to be built in (3D printed of course). I have recently fitted a TinyOLED display controller with micro SD card reader so the display is much more discrete. There are still a few issues to resolve with that but it is a big improvement over the massive reprapdiscount graphic LCD controller I had on it originally.

Good luck with your machine - I look forward to the success stories.

July 03, 2015 08:21AM
n.glasson ahh its you! (finally puts name to the stories)

You where being talked about in reference to your briefcase 3d printer at the robotics club being held at Callaghan
July 03, 2015 05:17PM
Not all bad I hope! I'll pop along sometime for a show and tell - and to check out what else is happening at the robotics club.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login