Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[solved] What parts to print?

Posted by GRAYWOLF 
[solved] What parts to print?
June 27, 2016 02:02PM
So just managed to get my I3 working again after its burnout last year and looking at building a Fisher Delta, but I am massively confused.

What parts do I need to print?
Downloaded the latest parts from github but they seam to be missing parts.

Can anyone help?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2016 11:36AM by GRAYWOLF.
Re: What parts to print?
June 27, 2016 06:13PM
3 carriages
1 effector (may be more than one part depending on effector)
3 axis tops
3 idler holders
3 bed mounts
12 motor mounts
1 extruder (depends on extruder)

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
June 28, 2016 01:10AM
bgkdavis
3 carriages
1 effector (may be more than one part depending on effector)
3 axis tops
3 idler holders
3 bed mounts
12 motor mounts
1 extruder (depends on extruder)

What parts are they as the parts are all numbered and not named ? confused smiley confused smiley
June 28, 2016 01:40AM
RTFM

[reprappro.com]

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
June 28, 2016 02:12AM
I did RFTM but none of the files on the repo have any damn number starting in 12 or 13 and I could not find the top idler parts hence why I asked.
this is what I got from the repo!

So where is all this files then?

Contents
1 Overview
2 General notes
3 Printing parts for Fisher
4 Get support
5 Tool List
5.1 Required
5.2 For adjusting plastic parts, if necessary
5.3 Nice to have, but not necessary
Overview

The RepRapPro Fisher 1 is the latest RepRap self-replicating 3D printer from RepRapPro. The machine is a faster to assemble, networked 3D printer with bed probe for full geometric compensation.

These pages are the complete instructions for building, commissioning and using the RepRapPro Ltd version of RepRap Fisher. Like all RepRap machines, RepRapPro Fisher is fully open-source. It is licensed under the GPL. All the design files and software are available from the RepRapPro Ltd Github repository.

The RepRapPro Fisher is fitted with the open-source Duet electronics.

If you want to print the plastic parts for a RepRapPro Fisher, see below.

General notes

BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO ASSEMBLE ANY PART OF THE RepRapPro FISHER 3D PRINTER, PLEASE READ THESE BUILD INSTRUCTIONS FULLY AND ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND THEM. Although all parts are covered by warranty, this will be invalidated by your not following these build instructions. You are building a complicated machine; many different skills are required to build, to commission and to operate a 3D printer. Try not to rush your build, or you may miss out something vital!
Give yourself plenty of space and ensure your work area is clean. Dust and dirt are a 3D printer’s worst enemy.
All printed parts have been printed on RepRapPro’s own machines. Despite the fact that these machines are highly tuned RepRap 3D printers, some holes and features may need a little fettling to get the best performance from the RepRapPro Fisher. There is a video how-to on fettling 3D printed parts here on Vimeo.
Before you start the build, please ensure you have all the components as listed on the packing list included in the kit. If anything is missing or damaged, please contact us through our contact page.
We understand that people may want to change aspects of the machine’s design, and in fact we encourage this as it is one of the benefits of open-source development. Before changing anything, please be aware that the RepRapPro Fisher has been designed to maximise its build volume relative to the the machine’s footprint, and as such many of its components fit closely to others. So consider your changes carefully before you try to implement them. And when you find improvements, please tell us and the world so that we can include them in future kits, and so that existing owners can upgrade their own machines.
The RepRapPro Fisher is a robust RepRap machine once assembled; however it does require a certain amount of care during assembly. If in doubt, force is usually not the answer! There are many ways to get support and advice; see below.
Printing parts for Fisher

If you have bought the hardware-only version of the Fisher kit, you will want to print and/or laser cut the parts. You may also want to print/cut spare parts for your printer. Parts are available as STL and DXF files (as appropriate) and SolidWorks files. You can also view a whole assembly of the printer, using the SolidWorks assembly file, in the free SolidWorks eDrawing viewer program.

The latest versions of parts (which should generally be backwards compatible with previous versions of Fisher) are available in the Fisher github repository. Older versions of Fisher are available under the list of ‘releases’. Some parts common to all our machines are in the Library github repository. The geared extruder drive, as it is shared with other RepRapPro printers, is in it’s own geared-extruder-drive github repository.

You can download the whole github repository, or download the parts individually. The list below shows the part number, part name, quantity and location of the parts. The ‘Location’ links to the parts page. This will also help you identify the parts, as it shows a preview of the part (STL only). If you download the parts individually, make sure you download the ‘RAW’ version of the file; if you right-click on a link and download, you will end up with a file with the right name (with .stl on the end), but it will actually be an html document!

STL parts (for printing) are in the Fisher/stl folder.

# Description Qty Location
1243.1 Idler 3 Fisher/stl
1245 Kinematic Mount 3 Fisher/stl
1247.1 Nozzle Duct 1 Fisher/stl
1249 Spigot 1 Fisher/stl
1285 Idler bracket 3 Fisher/stl
1301 Effector 1 Fisher/stl
1304 Carriage 3 Fisher/stl
1305 Motor bracket 12 Fisher/stl
1306 Drive block
Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 07.11.41.png (358.8 KB)
June 28, 2016 03:47AM
Check git hub - they have the 12xx and 13xx file names - [github.com]

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
June 28, 2016 11:36AM
DADIY
Check git hub - they have the 12xx and 13xx file names - [github.com]

Solved it now, for some reason I was sent the wrong github download confused smiley
Got the correct files now.

Thank you Dadiy for your help.
June 29, 2016 03:12AM
I think IO Maker has their own github site that might be different.

Before you embark down the fisher route, unless you have the ability to cut sheet material like acrylic or aluminum you might be better off with the kossel style printer.

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
June 29, 2016 03:05PM
DADIY
I think IO Maker has their own github site that might be different.

Before you embark down the fisher route, unless you have the ability to cut sheet material like acrylic or aluminium you might be better off with the kossel style printer.

Fortunately I have the tools and experience for that as well as a limited collection of material.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login