Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wanted: Fisher filament tensioner levers...

Posted by Sash 
Wanted: Fisher filament tensioner levers...
April 30, 2016 10:07AM
Hi,
With the demise of RepRapPro I am wondering if anyone here knows where I can get replacement filament tensioner levers. I have the original beta Delta if that makes a difference. My levers are laser cut and have crumbled so I can't super glue these parts like I have other things that broke.

Cheers in advance.

Sash
PRZ
Re: Wanted: Fisher filament tensioner levers...
April 30, 2016 02:53PM
ask emaker.io, they have a lot of parts for the Fisher : [emaker.io]
Too late to build another extruder ? [rouzeau.net]

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
- Embedded help system for Duet and RepRap Firmware [forums.reprap.org]
- Enclosed delta printers Lily [rouzeau.net] and Lily Big [rouzeau.net]
- OpenScad delta printer simulator [github.com]
- 3D printing on my site [www.rouzeau.net]
May 09, 2016 05:11AM
Thanks for the input Pierre. E-mailed emaker.io but no reply...

I have another 3d printer to which I am upgrading the hotend after the stock one died. So in theory I could print leavers...

As for the Fisher it needs a rebuild. It will be no laser cut acrylic crap this time. The auto bed leveling system employed on the Fisher was an interesting idea but in practice doesn't work effectively. The Fisher hotend is okay but I gave up on retraction some time ago. Belts that need constant tensioning is also something I would prefer to get rid of and replace with lead screws. As with most budget 3d printers, cost limits the design in ways that render the printer useless in a relatively short period of time. Just enough time to find out if you're a tinkerer or not.
May 09, 2016 06:48PM
hey sash, sorry, but disagree with just about everything your saying here

1) the acrylic is useless for the arms but fine for the case, you need to modify the axes to positively direct the force down the uprights, this eliminates the problems with the acylic supporting the upper half of the printer
2) the bed leveling system is cheap, and does have its issues, you have to set the H parameter for every probe position, once you do this its very reliable
3) nothing wrong with belts, your going to have fun trying to do a delta with lead screws and still get good speed
4) the only time I've had a problem with the hotend was when I tried using crap filament...lesson learnt!

All of these problems were fixed some times ago and the fixes can be found on this forum.

I've now got three printers, and my fisher doenst get that much use any more becasue of tis small size, but each time I go back to the fisher I'm always pleasantly surprised with its performance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2016 06:37PM by bgkdavis.

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login