Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyway to Connect to more than one Fisher at once?

Posted by Geoffro 
Anyway to Connect to more than one Fisher at once?
April 17, 2016 06:20AM
Hey guys,

I finished building my 3rd Fisher today (the new upgraded kit from the Beta is much improved I have to say, build time is faster - I built 2 machines at the same time so it was easier, got both done in about 5 hours ready to print, they all work great.

However...

I was hoping to be able to have 3 browser windows open to control all 3 printers simultaneously, but everytime I connect to the next, the first one disconnects (they are all on static IP's, 192.168.1.100, x.x.x.101 and x.x.x.102)
While it's not necessary to be connected to the Duet when it's printing, it would be nice to monitor and have the homing and emergency stop buttons at the ready, and not have to disconnect, connect, disconnect, connect etc each time I go to the next printer.

I can think of ways around it (like getting 3 x raspberry pi's and 3 x lcd's and run them individually) but that's costly, I was wondering if any of you network guru's might know a way I can have 3 simutaneous connections going.

My setup is a wireless PC that connects to a 300mps router that has all the printers connected to it - is it maybe a wireless issue? I'm still experimenting, if I find a fix I'll post it.
Re: Anyway to Connect to more than one Fisher at once?
April 17, 2016 07:06AM
You need to set the Duets to have different MAC addresses, using M540 commands in config.g.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Anyway to Connect to more than one Fisher at once?
April 23, 2016 09:54AM
dc42
You need to set the Duets to have different MAC addresses, using M540 commands in config.g.

Ahh thank you! I didn't realise they all had the same MAC.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login