Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fisher makes 2 more Fishers..

Posted by Geoffro 
Fisher makes 2 more Fishers..
April 10, 2016 10:44AM
How fast is a Fisher? fast enough to print all the parts for 2 more Fishers easily in a day and still have time to knock most of the frames up smiling smiley

The only 2 things not printed on the fisher were the nozzle fan ducts, which I print in ABS.

Thanks to Jean-Marc at E-Maker, if not for him I don't know where I would have found some more kits!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2016 10:45AM by Geoffro.
Attachments:
open | download - 12990926_10153910169821293_6584811287074642235_n.jpg (62.8 KB)
Re: Fisher makes 2 more Fishers..
April 10, 2016 04:26PM
Nice, what settings did you use? Are you getting good dimensional accuracy?
April 12, 2016 03:49AM
Printed on the fisher beta,original firmware, 0.2mm, 80ms feed, 250ms travel, no rafts or supports. I was amazed at the dimensional accuracy. The red Fisher was printed in ABS on a flash forge at 0.2mm and the parts all needed filing and sanding. The purple and yellow PLA prints from the fisher, no sanding or anything required. Absolute most perfect prints out of any of my machines. I will always state that reprap closed down JUST as they made a killer machine. I love my fisher.
April 12, 2016 10:22AM
I love my Fisher too, how have you calibrated yours? I have printed a couple of new parts but wary of using them in case they're inaccurate, leading to other prints with inaccuracies in them.
April 18, 2016 06:13AM
geeksarebeta
I love my Fisher too, how have you calibrated yours? I have printed a couple of new parts but wary of using them in case they're inaccurate, leading to other prints with inaccuracies in them.

I simply print a part, measure it and I guess I've been lucky and little has been required. I used stiffer springs under the Build Plate, the ones supplied are too squishy and I tighten my belts using a Guitar tuner, I usually go for a Bass E.. just move all carriages up and tighten them until they all register a similar note when you pluck them.

I must say, for all the improvements they made, they went totally backwards in a couple of respects.The Beta and the new Fisher model... Filament loading. For lack of a better word, it sucks more now than it ever did. That curve downward into the extruder drive is a blind feed everytime and the nylon tube they supplied needs to be cut at the most perfect angle to allow a clean feed. I actually have the tube sticking out the side now and I print from overhead rolls on the wall.

OH, they also screwed up the Effector wiring - it was so neat before - now its a tight bundle of mess :/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2016 06:16AM by Geoffro.
April 21, 2016 07:20AM
Hello Geoff,

It's nice to see you're getting on well with your Fisher builds.

I agree the filament feed isn't ideal. When the angles are right, it works quite well as you pointed out. I'll see if I can come up with a more robust solution.

What is your issue with the effector wiring? Could you explain the mess, perhaps with some photos?

eMAKER-blue-2.png

[emaker.io]

[emaker.limited]
PRZ
April 22, 2016 03:39PM
On the Fisher Beta, I made a mod for better filament path. It may not be applicable 'as is' for the Fisher 1, as it needs to rotate the extruder and clearances are tight.

Details here : [rouzeau.net]

April 22, 2016 05:52PM
Geoffro
geeksarebeta

I simply print a part, measure it and I guess I've been lucky and little has been required. I used stiffer springs under the Build Plate, the ones supplied are too squishy and I tighten my belts using a Guitar tuner, I usually go for a Bass E.. just move all carriages up and tighten them until they all register a similar note when you pluck them.

I must say, for all the improvements they made, they went totally backwards in a couple of respects.The Beta and the new Fisher model... Filament loading. For lack of a better word, it sucks more now than it ever did. That curve downward into the extruder drive is a blind feed everytime and the nylon tube they supplied needs to be cut at the most perfect angle to allow a clean feed. I actually have the tube sticking out the side now and I print from overhead rolls on the wall.

OH, they also screwed up the Effector wiring - it was so neat before - now its a tight bundle of mess :/

What specification of spring did use? Have you got a part number?

The original springs just don't hold up for long and you start to get bed shake, I could do with upgrading!
April 23, 2016 01:11AM
Yeah it's called a packet of 3 pens from the local $2 reject store, pull them apart, cut them in half and there you go. No name cheapo retractable pens.
April 23, 2016 01:23AM
jmgiacalone
Hello Geoff,

It's nice to see you're getting on well with your Fisher builds.

I agree the filament feed isn't ideal. When the angles are right, it works quite well as you pointed out. I'll see if I can come up with a more robust solution.

What is your issue with the effector wiring? Could you explain the mess, perhaps with some photos?

Sure,

In the picture you see on the left the Beta kit. It had a plastic cable holder and the cables ran around the back of the fan, with plenty of slack.

On the right on the new design, there is no bracket for the wires except a small hole you put a cable tie through, and then the wiring from the components to the loom connector are just too short and they are near impossible to tie off with any slack, the thermistor wires especially as you can see - I have no option other than not putting them through the printed nodule on the effector, I will take these ones out and re-wire them with some longer wire but took a photo before I correct the problem.

The fan is now the other way around, which means the wires have a tendency to rub on the fan with the tight configuration of the wiring. Not sure what problems people could have had to make it go in a such a reverse fashion...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2016 01:42AM by Geoffro.
Attachments:
open | download - IMdG_0005.jpg (524.8 KB)
August 04, 2016 07:46AM
@Geoffro

Would this work for adjusting the tension of timing belt?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login