Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Octoprint?

Posted by upsch2000 
Octoprint?
March 11, 2016 01:28PM
Hello everyone,

I am currently upgrading my fisher beta to 1.0 and was wondering if anyone has managed to connect octoprint to the fisher?

This little machine fits perfectly in my closet.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Octoprint?
March 11, 2016 04:36PM
Octoprint will probably work OK with the Fisher. But why would you want to use it, when the Fisher already provides an excellent web interface?

A few Octoprint/RAMPS users have reported that it can't always feed data to the printer fast enough. These may have been systems using older RPI versions and with a webcam attached. I think the problem is that Octoprint is largely aimed at RAMPS hardware and so it aways insists on waiting for an OK response after sending each gcode. The developers don't seem to acknowledge that more modern hardware such as Duet provides a USB port with flow control, so they haven't provided a configuration option for this, unlike most slicing programs.

Octoprint is unlikely to provide print time estimates as reliable as RRF and DWC or PanelDue do, because the Marlin gcodes that Octoprint uses just don't provide enough information.

If you are a developer, then you might wish to fork Octoprint to take advantage of the features offered by the Duet and RRF.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login