Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just broken my first 3D printed part!!!

Posted by Sean.kennedy 
Just broken my first 3D printed part!!!
January 06, 2016 10:44AM
Broke an idler!!! oh well, thats printing done for today.
Re: Just broken my first 3D printed part!!!
January 06, 2016 01:55PM
Do you have a spare??
January 06, 2016 05:15PM
DADIY
Do you have a spare??

No, sadly. But I can print one tomorrow at work. I just thought it was funny with all the talk of them closing and needing parts and such.
January 06, 2016 05:51PM
That's handy. But It's a good reminder for everyone to print some spares as soon as they can.

Tonight I was trying to get cura working (again) and it seems to be starting at z0 so the extruder can't get any filament out, In the few seconds before I stopped it I managed to block the nozzle and break the filament halfway down the Bowden tube. So tomorrow's job is to remove the tube from the heat sink and sort the blockage. I'm tempted to splash another 99p on a pneumatic inline connector in case it happens again.
January 07, 2016 05:21AM
DADIY
That's handy. But It's a good reminder for everyone to print some spares as soon as they can.

Tonight I was trying to get cura working (again) and it seems to be starting at z0 so the extruder can't get any filament out, In the few seconds before I stopped it I managed to block the nozzle and break the filament halfway down the Bowden tube. So tomorrow's job is to remove the tube from the heat sink and sort the blockage. I'm tempted to splash another 99p on a pneumatic inline connector in case it happens again.

No way! I'm really sorry. That's so odd. I get my mac ok back tomorrow and I'm starting on a new slicer called katana.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login