Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem using no name PLA

Posted by glompos21 
Problem using no name PLA
November 14, 2015 05:27PM
I have run over 4kg of eSun PLA without any problem. A friend gave me a generic PLA spool and i cannot make it complete a print.
The print starts ok but at some point stop exude plastic. Attached you can see what looks like the end of the filament when the printer
stop extruding. When i remove the problematic end and reinsert the filament, the printer extrude OK.
Attachments:
open | download - problemExtruding.jpg (68.1 KB)
Re: Problem using no name PLA
November 15, 2015 04:53AM
I use Velleman which is much trickier than eSun. Try adding 5C to the extrusion temp, turn on coasting and reduce the retraction speed.
December 22, 2015 02:35PM
I have reduce the retraction speed no success. I reduce to half the retraction length and it solve the problem until i started print a part with a lot of support material, so again the problem appear.
I decrease the extrusion multiplier from 0.95 to 0.90 and the problem was solved.
So the problem was that the filament was out of specs with bigger diameter >1.73mm.
December 24, 2015 01:55AM
Yeah, you have to check every reel. I have 6 reels at 1.75 and 1 at 1.80 - which is 7% off. The beauty of the web interface is that you can adjust the multiplier on the fly instead of having to re-slice everything for one colour.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login