Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bed around Y lower than other points

Posted by matt.daubney 
Bed around Y lower than other points
October 20, 2015 12:08PM
Hello!

After I run the bed compensation on my fisher beta, the head drags across the bed near the Y tower. I've just changed the springs which might be a contributing factor, but reading around I see some pointers to changing bed.g to help with this? The X and Z points seem to be quite good. How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Re: Bed around Y lower than other points
October 20, 2015 12:53PM
After some fiddling I think I've sussed it by playing with bed.g and much, much reading of docs and code. Will put up my bed.g with some notes later for someone to check for me!
November 10, 2015 03:25AM
I am interested, since the calibration process is not perfect with the default settings !
November 10, 2015 06:27AM
No it isn't. Look for some of my posts on the subject. It is working well for me now, although as the machine gets warm the Z does change slightly.
November 10, 2015 07:01AM
Can you upload your bed.g file and your start gcode ? This would be awesome !
November 10, 2015 07:17AM
Starting script here, others attached.

G32

M83 ; relative extruder mode
T0 ; select extruder 0
M116 ; wait?

G1 Z0.35 F4000
Attachments:
open | download - bed.g (1.5 KB)
open | download - config.g (2.5 KB)
November 10, 2015 07:45AM
Thank you so much !

I will give it a shot tonight smiling smiley
November 10, 2015 07:59AM
As mentioned in other threads I probe the bed with a cold nozzle because this is what Buildtak recommend. The nozzle must be absolutely clean and at room temperature. However, this can still cause a small error of 50 microns max after a print as some parts of the machine are still warm. Prints still work, but you can see the difference in the first later fill.

First layer; height 250microns, speed 4mm/s, and I run 0.6mm width. eSun is OK on 200C but I run 205C for first layer only on cheap Velleman.
November 10, 2015 05:03PM
Most likely caused by one of the endstops switching earlier than the others. I had the same problem in the beginning.
Just repeat auto calibration (G32) until the values converge.
Then note down the values (M666) and write them down.
Edit the config file and replace the M666 values therein with you values.
After next homing you should get converging calibration within one or two auto calibrations.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login