Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Carbon Arms (Again)

Posted by lord_alan 
Re: Carbon Arms (Again)
March 30, 2016 05:45AM
hakimio
bgkdavis
The length without the ball ends doesn't matter its the length with the ends that is critical.

If you think you can precisely cut the rods and assemble the arms and get them perfect then you are probably going to be dissapointed

How precise I can cut is my problem. It would be great if someone could just answer a simple question: what should be the carbon fiber rod length without "Mugen Seiki" ball ends to get print volume similar to the original.

Good luck with that, make sure they also tell you precisely how deep they drilled out the holes in the ball ends too, if your lucky they used a CNC lathe with glass scales and checked it with a CMM, but I'm kinda betting they just used a hand drill until it felt like they reached the bottom like I did.

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
Re: Carbon Arms (Again)
March 30, 2016 05:52AM
hakimio
Sean.kennedy
Have you guys seen this?

Rod ends kits

comes as 180 instead of 160, but its a complete kit. though i know these are the imperial sized ends rather than the metric.

* If you choose "preassembled" option, it says they don't have it in stock

* Ball ends might not fit on Fisher's small balls

fisher has 6mm balls, the Traxxas 5347 rod ends use 6.2mm balls... if you read above posts..... I was only showing those who were wanting to use the Traxxas 5347 rod ends that there was a place to get all pieces. In addition, if you read the above post, getting them preassembled would be no use to anyone with a fisher as they finish them in 180mm and fisher need 160....

but thanks for coming out...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login