Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New firmware release 1.09d-dc42

Posted by dc42 
New firmware release 1.09d-dc42
July 31, 2015 07:44AM
I have released a new version of my fork of RepRapFirmware. More details at [forums.reprap.org]. For users of delta printers, the main improvement is that you can now include the X and Y tower position corrections in the M665 command in config.g.

I have also set up a wiki page on configuring and calibrating a delta running RepRapFirmware at [reprap.org].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2015 08:02AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New firmware release 1.09d-dc42
July 31, 2015 09:09AM
Installed and calibrated !
It's time to test it
July 31, 2015 05:56PM
Thanks a ton for the calibration WIki. I didn't have to go that far in the end when I found out the harnesses were trashing the homing.
PRZ
August 03, 2015 07:08AM
I have installed this new firmware and I intend to do a calibration.
However, as explained in the image 210715 topic[forums.reprap.org], the deviation to commute the probe is not the same for the center of the bed and for the sides.
in the bed.g macro, RRP set no deviation for the 3 column calibration, then set a -0.2 deviation before probing the center, then set a deviation with G31 Z+0.1, which I assume lift the head by 0.1.
As we can see in the messages of the topic, this is a bit confusing, but if I well understand, the probe deviation is -0.1 for the near column (above springs) and -0.3 for the center. I checked manually that after the calibration, the 0 seems correct for side and center.

Also, in this SD image, they set a command G31 with z-0.1 in config.g, but I assume this is superseded by the calibration routine ? Or is it the pendant of the last G31 Z+0.1 in the bed.g ?

If I want to calibrate the printer with 7 points (or more), I shall set a deviation for each point, and somewhat calculate a deviation for points which are neither in the center nor near a spring. Is that correct ? There is some trigonometry to do here.

Then, I could run the 7 points calibration routine, (with 6 parameters calibration) till convergence, then enter the parameters in the M665 command in config.g.
August 03, 2015 07:23AM
The last G31 in bed.g wrecks everything. Set it to Z-0.2

See the Simplify3D thread. I don't see the point in ideal compensation, works great for me with that one change.
August 03, 2015 07:31AM
PRZ
I have installed this new firmware and I intend to do a calibration.
However, as explained in the image 210715 topic[forums.reprap.org], the deviation to commute the probe is not the same for the center of the bed and for the sides.
in the bed.g macro, RRP set no deviation for the 3 column calibration, then set a -0.2 deviation before probing the center, then set a deviation with G31 Z+0.1, which I assume lift the head by 0.1.
As we can see in the messages of the topic, this is a bit confusing, but if I well understand, the probe deviation is -0.1 for the near column (above springs) and -0.3 for the center. I checked manually that after the calibration, the 0 seems correct for side and center.

Also, in this SD image, they set a command G31 with z-0.1 in config.g, but I assume this is superseded by the calibration routine ? Or is it the pendant of the last G31 Z+0.1 in the bed.g ?

If you want to use my latest firmware release on the Fisher, I suggest you keep your existing SD card image, because the one in my repo doesn't include a /sys folder or /gcodes folder for the Fischer.

PRZ
If I want to calibrate the printer with 7 points (or more), I shall set a deviation for each point, and somewhat calculate a deviation for points which are neither in the center nor near a spring. Is that correct ? There is some trigonometry to do here.

You can measure the G31 height correction at each probe point. Lower the nozzle at that point until it just grips a sheet of paper (or whatever other test you use to find Z=0). Then use the web interface to move the nozzle down in 0.05mm steps until the Z probe just triggers, counting how many steps you moved it.

Alternatively: first run G31 Z0. Place the head a few mm above the bed at the desired XY coordinates. Execute G30 to probe the bed. Then raise the nozzle until you are happy that you are at Z=0. Read off the height, and negate it to get the G31 Z correction at that point.

PRZ
Then, I could run the 7 points calibration routine, (with 6 parameters calibration) till convergence, then enter the parameters in the M665 command in config.g.

Yes.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 03, 2015 10:10AM
I've replied on the other couple of threads about bed.g:

The last 'G31 Z0.1' is wrong, and puts the nozzle too close to the bed. This was a transposition mistake, and, as many of you have pointed out, should be Z-0.1. Sorry! This is the same as is set in config.g. This gives 0.1mm of movement of the head to disconnect the bed probe, which seems about right.

The 'G31 Z-0.2' is the one to play around with, as it's the offset for the centre of the bed; it will require a little more force at this point to disconnect one of the bed probe contacts. We've been playing around with this, and it looks like 'G31 Z-0.3' is just about the right. So the last couple of lines should be:

G30 P2 X0 Y75 Z-99999			; Z tower
G4 P300
G31 Z-0.3
G30 P3 X0 Y0 Z-99999 S0		; centre, and auto-calibrate
G31 Z-0.1

We'll update the downloadable file shortly. And we've removed the endstop offset from config.g!

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login