Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fisher USB connection?

Posted by ElectronicByte 
Fisher USB connection?
July 24, 2015 03:42PM
I understand with some of the other duet based printers that they can be run over a USB.
Is it possible to run the Fisher over USB or has that option been disabled?
It'd make my life alot easier being in the same position as another User (Jelle?) who has no spare Ethernet ports.
Re: Fisher USB connection?
July 24, 2015 06:03PM
Yes, you can drive the Duet over USB using Pronterface or another host program. However, the interface provided by Pronterface is nowhere near as good as the web interface. So I suggest you buy a cheap Ethernet switch to get more ports. Or, if you have WiFi, then connect the Duet to a client access point, such as the WR710N that I use.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 26, 2015 04:19PM
To run from USB, see the Duet commissioning instructions for Huxley/Mendel/Ormerod. You'll need to install the Arduino IDE (to install the device drivers): [reprappro.com]
Then download our version of Pronterface: [reprappro.com]
That should get you up and running.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2015 05:33PM by droftarts.
July 26, 2015 04:37PM
dc42
...Or, if you have WiFi, then connect the Duet to a client access point, such as the WR710N that I use.
The Fisher is my first Duet based printer, I'm definitely going to be swapping the RAMPS boards out on some of my other printer now! I didn't have ant ethernet posrts in the room I wanted to use the Fisher so i ended up doing exactly this with a WR703n with relayd on OpenWRT and it works very well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login