Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fisher Delta Endstops

Posted by trublu 
Fisher Delta Endstops
July 19, 2015 12:10PM
Moin!

I finished my Fisher Delta (Beta) and started commissioning. The firmware is correct. The first (manual) tests were all successful. I could trigger all end stops by hand and the motors were running.

Then I clicked on "home all" and the microswitches did not trigger (apparently none of them) and the carriages crashed into the frame. That caused minor damage, but thankfully nothing permanent.

The problem seems to be that the microswitches don't get triggered by the carriages. While pushing them up by hand I could hit the frame very often before the microswitch is triggered.

Two more people confirmed that I assembles the parts according to the manual, as I assumed a construction error on my side.

Does anybody have a suggestions how I can get the microswitches to trigger earlies/more reliable?

kind regards,
Jason
Re: Fisher Delta Endstops
July 19, 2015 02:55PM
I don't have a Fisher, but this post [forums.reprap.org] suggests to me that you may have to bend the microswitch levers to make sure they trigger early enough. If in doubt, email RepRapPro support.

PS - it's probably a good idea to reduce the XYZ motor currents (set by the M906 command in config.g) during commissioning, so that if the motors try to drive into the endstops or the bed, the force is reduced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2015 07:16AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
PRZ
July 21, 2015 01:39PM
The topic have moved, so you could find the modif I had done here :
[forums.reprap.org]

Hopefully, I didn't break anything, but the noise was a bit frightening.
RRP confirmed they had to do the same on one of their prototype.
July 21, 2015 05:04PM
On mine, I just put some tape on the side of the carriages. Working now for two days without any problem.
Later, I'll probably adapt the design of the carriage to have a longer side or something that hit the endstop.
July 24, 2015 12:25PM
It occurred to me that the Fisher may be usable without endstop switches. See [forums.reprap.org].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 24, 2015 03:05PM
Interesting.

----- Making the world smarter @ www.xetal.eu
----- Helping entrepreneurs @ www.fralke.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login