Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FIXED!(hopefully) Melzi 2.0 dreaded LCD two lines of death boot-up issue.

Posted by Gatchaman 
FIXED!(hopefully) Melzi 2.0 dreaded LCD two lines of death boot-up issue.
March 14, 2018 10:11AM
Black Ferrite Core Rings.

If you suffer from the dreaded LCD two lines of death boot-up issue with your Melzi 2.0 board [forums.reprap.org] try to add Black Ferrite Core Rings to your USB cables.

I do have to use a usb extension cable but even before that the melzi board would never boot-up straight away.

In the past it took me at least half an hour to an hour to boot up the P802M. Even leaving the melzi board powered up over night would lead to finding corruption of the melzi board, LCD and eeprom settings in the morning.

Randomly found a large rusting ~37mm ferrite ring in my garden, cleaned it up, then looped the usb cable three times through it and after a couple of attempts at powering up the melzi board it booted up after plugging and unplugging the usb cable 2-3 times !!!!! Hallelujah!!!!

Ordered a few more ferrite core rings from Aliexpress and after adding them to the usb cable the Melzi board will boot up straight away with no corruption!!!!

Do a bit of reading and research on ferrite cores before you buy them as your problem might be different from mine.

Hope this helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2018 12:14PM by Gatchaman.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login