Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto Bed Leveling and homing issues

Posted by Throwerrobot 
Auto Bed Leveling and homing issues
March 12, 2018 05:16PM
Hey everyone,

So I have an anet a8 that I put a ramps 1.4 on, with the latest version of Marlin (not positive of the ver #, but it's the latest as of 3/10/2018). It's got an inductive sensor that I finally got functioning properly.

I have two issues I'm trying work through. For one, when I run a G28 to home it all, the z_safe_homing function doesn't kick in (I do have it enabled), so it tries to home Z off the bed. I can home XY separately, manually move to a safe area of the bed, and then home Z and it works as it should.

Second, after homing Z, when I try to run a G29 for auto bed leveling, it will probe the first corner of the bed (as I have it set up in firmware), but then, instead of going right in the +X direction, it goes left.

I've attached my config.h file if there are any questions.

Thanks!
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (66.3 KB)
Re: Auto Bed Leveling and homing issues
March 15, 2018 08:33AM
I'm super new to all of this, so take this with a grain of salt, as I'm also struggling to understand homing and tramming. I can't answer your questions but I wanted to throw out a couple of ideas.

1. I think your Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER is wrong. This should be the offset from the extruder tip that your sensor SIGNALS, not where it's physically mounted. It should signal before the tip hits, and thus should be negative.
2. Could you, after homing X, try to move in baby steps of, say 1mm or even .1, and check if your X axis is backwards. If so you could invert it in the firmware or I think you could flip the cable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login