Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Build the prusa mk3 regular size or build it witha bigger print volume?

Posted by Schwartzer 
Build the prusa mk3 regular size or build it witha bigger print volume?
March 07, 2018 08:23AM
i want to build a printer since this is my first one should I build the original to spec or increase the print volume?
I have done a fair amountof reasearch. Cost and time greatly increase with the work envlope.
Is having a larger work volume worth it? (300x300x400) or I could just increase y easily and cheaply.
Re: Build the prusa mk3 regular size or build it witha bigger print volume?
March 08, 2018 02:25AM
I started with a Prusa i3 kit, not knowing what I'd like to print with it. Now I own 4 printers and build the next already. I'm glad to have my Prusa to print parts for the others.
If you don't know, what you will print, any size is OK. You'll build the next printer sooner or later, or it will collect dust because you lost interest.
Re: Build the prusa mk3 regular size or build it witha bigger print volume?
March 08, 2018 05:28AM
For a first printer, I strongly advise you to build an existing design to its original specification. Unless you buy a high quality kit, you will have enough problems getting it working well without having to contend with changes to increase the print volume.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login